Shut Up & Read discussion

Archives > July Group Read-General

Comments Showing 1-50 of 52 (52 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Tanecia (last edited Jun 10, 2012 05:35PM) (new)

Tanecia  (books101) | 3795 comments Mod
Post your suggestions for July's BotM here! This thread is for books of any kind.

If you agree with someone else's selection, just say I second this selection and then link the book name.

If nominating a book in a series, only nominate the 1st book in the series (unless we've already group read the 1st book).

Vote for the theme book-"INDEPENDENT Authors"

Voting poll will be put up at the end of June.
Thanks!!

message 2: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Chatwin (margaretchatwin) | 9 comments I know this is my own book but I for one really like it. haha.
101 by Margaret Chatwin

Lissa Smith Reads'~A Bookaholics Bookshelf (lissasmithreads) | 73 comments Crimson Midnight by Amos Cassidy

It's written by Amos Cassidy... has everything.. vamps, hot werewolves, fay, magic..you name it. And the storyline is great!

message 4: by SheReadsALot (new)

SheReadsALot Wicked Game by Mercy Celeste - contemporary enemies to lovers, hot sex, witty dialogue

message 5: by Amy (last edited Jun 10, 2012 07:21PM) (new)

Amy Curley Have you all read the series Matched? It has been recommended to me by a lot of people! Matched (Matched, #1) by Ally Condie

message 6: by Rebecka (new)

message 7: by Belkis (new)

Belkis (bminaya) | 603 comments On the Island  by Tracey Garvis-Graves excellent book

message 8: by Devora (new)

Devora | 6 comments Amy wrote: "Have you all read the series Matched? It has been recommended to me by a lot of people! Matched (Matched, #1) by Ally Condie"

I like this book would recommend it too.

message 9: by Kassidy (new)

Kassidy Roberts | 6 comments Reflection by Jessica Roberts AMAZING BOOK! It's going to be your new favorite! A must read for summer!!!

message 10: by Tawna (new)

Tawna | 479 comments For a general pick I suggest this book because it sounds interesting and is on a bunch of to-read lists but I only see 6 ratings and it was published back in October. Faeries, killers, romance....

Unspoken Lies by Sarah J. Pepper

message 11: by Alley (new)

Alley Kat (alleykat666) Entwined by Heather Dixon

It looks pretty good. I haven't got to reading it yet though.

message 12: by Kylie (new)

Kylie Simao (kyliejordyn) Matched is on my to read shelf so I would definitely be interested int his one

message 13: by Katie (new)

Katie (snowqueen) | 2 comments Night Realm by Darren G. Burton

A different kind of paranormal novel...

message 14: by Terry (new)

Terry Tyler (terrytyler) Are you allowed to suggest your own book? If so, may I suggest my 1st novel, 'You Wish'? It's got dead good reviews, and all that!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/You-Wish-eboo...

If not allowed to suggest own books, I apologise!

message 15: by Elle (last edited Jun 11, 2012 04:04AM) (new)

Elle (louiselesley) I 2nd Crimson Midnight by Amos Cassidy!

message 16: by Kari (new)

Kari Hmm... I think I will nominate: Starcrossed (Starcrossed, #1) by Josephine Angelini again.

message 17: by NayNay (new)

NayNay so many books, I think I will nominate.... Mariana by Susanna Kearsley

message 18: by Julissa (new)

Julissa (ta2kitty) | 35 comments Mel wrote: "I vote for Sleep Stalkers by Jacki O'Dierno

Paranormal"

Sleep Stalkers sounds good to me!

message 19: by Alexandrea (last edited Jun 11, 2012 12:55PM) (new)

Alexandrea (alleyleeplz) The Windup Girl by Paolo Bacigalupi
The Windup Girl
by Paolo Bacigalupi

I'm new, so I'm not sure about the tastes of many in this group, but here's my suggestion!

Been waiting to read it forever, maybe a group read/discussion after will prompt me to finally do it? XD

Here's a tiny synopsis of the book:
"What Happens when bio-terrorism becomes a tool for corporate profits? And what happens when said bio-terrorism forces humanity to the cusp of post-human evolution?"

message 20: by Julie (new)

Julie Reece Alexandrea wrote: "The Windup Girl by Paolo Bacigalupi
The Windup Girl
by Paolo Bacigalupi

I'm new, so I'm not sure about the tastes of many in this group, but here's my suggestion!

Been waiting to read it forever, maybe a..."

I have this book on my TBR list, too :)

message 21: by Christina (new)

Christina | 10 comments Angelfall
eeep this book is too good

message 22: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashielizz) I'm going to second Crimson Midnight.

message 23: by Tanecia (new)

I would like to suggest Once in a Full Moon (Full Moon, #1) by Ellen Schreiber and When She Woke by Hillary Jordan

message 24: by Tawna (new)

Tawna | 479 comments Tt wrote: "I would like to suggest Once in a Full Moon (Full Moon, #1) by Ellen Schreiber and When She Woke by Hillary Jordan"

I'm glad you suggested When She Woke again, I've been trying to get us to read that for the last few months, lol!

message 25: by Tanecia (new)

⚝ Ŧáẅņá ⚝ wrote: "Tt wrote: "I would like to suggest Once in a Full Moon (Full Moon, #1) by Ellen Schreiber and When She Woke by Hillary Jordan"

I'm glad you suggested When She Woke again, I've been trying to get us to read that for the last f..."

I know! If it doesn't get choosen I will probably have to buddy up with someone.

message 26: by Tawna (new)

Tawna | 479 comments Tt wrote: "I know! If it doesn't get choosen I will probably have to buddy up with someone."

If it doesn't get chosen I will buddy up with you :)

message 27: by Tanecia (new)

Okay, sounds like a plan! Lol

message 28: by Richard (new)

Richard (amazoncomauthorricharddparker) | 183 comments How about this one... The Black Horseman  by Richard Parker ( The kindle version will be free this week-end June 16th and 17th on Amazon.

Disclaimer: Yes it's my own book, but like Margaret says, "I really like it!"

message 29: by Rebecca (last edited Jun 12, 2012 09:08AM) (new)

Rebecca | 3 comments I second Crimson Midnight. The link is not working out for me, it keeps coming up with the #2!

message 30: by Kylie (new)

Kylie | 4 comments I second Reflection by Jessica Roberts

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

I like Matched as well! Matched (Matched, #1) by Ally Condie

message 32: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (sharearead) | 131 comments Joe by H.D. Gordon Paranormal Thriller

&

The Moon Dwellers (The Dwellers, #1) by David Estes YA Dystopian

both release on June 30th ;-)

message 33: by Leah (new)

Leah Spiegel | 8 comments I would like to recommend Foolish Games by Leah Spiegel because it's a great summer read!

message 34: by Think (new)

Think | 53 comments I want to recommend The Twenty (Barronlands Trilogy, #1) by Claudia Carozza The Twenty by Claudia Carozza. This book is fantastic! Plus, the author is a debut author and could use the support and reviews!

message 35: by Christina (new)

Christina | 10 comments i read that book. i didnt like it..

message 36: by Melody (new)

Melody Mol (melodybernal) | 10 comments I'd like to nominate Drowning Mermaids (Sacred Breath, #1) by Nadia Scrieva . I'm planning on reading it again anyway and I'm eager to discuss the nuances with others :)

message 37: by Christina (new)

Christina | 10 comments i recommend Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire

message 38: by Jessie (new)

Jessie I nominate My Soul to Take (Soul Screamers, #1) by Rachel Vincent ! :) Havent read it, but it looks like it'd be awesome.

message 39: by Christina (new)

Christina | 10 comments ooh i second Jessies nominations. those series are the best!

message 40: by Sheri, Bookworm (new)

Sheri | 12222 comments Mod
I would like to read The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater

message 41: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Heltsley Carpe Diem Carpe Diem by Autumn Cornwell

Very entertaining adventure that is suitable for everyone.

message 42: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Leigh | 15230 comments Mod
Lissa wrote: "Kiss of Crimson (Midnight Breed, #2) by Lara Adrian

It's written by Amos Cassidy... has everything.. vamps, hot werewolves, fay, magic..you name it. And the storyline is great!"

I will like to nominate it, too.

message 43: by ~Thena~ (new)

~Thena~ (athena-nadine) | 184 comments I'm nominating Cast in Shadow (Chronicles of Elantra, #1) by Michelle Sagara West .

message 44: by Jessie (new)

Jessie Kristina wrote: "ooh i second Jessies nominations. those series are the best!"

Hey, so youve read it?? is it really really awesome??

message 45: by Christina (new)

Christina | 10 comments yeaa!!! they are soo good!!! and the 6th? book is coming out this 22 of this month

message 46: by Emma (new)

Emma Mackay | 1 comments I propose PROGENETER: Mayans, the Skull and the Chimera of Immortality by Steve Bareham, great book, well written, interesting plot and many worthwhile things to be learned in it. It's not about ancient Mayans, most of it takes place in current day, but Bacob warrior monks are interesting! Progeneter Mayans, the Skull & the Chimera of Immortality by Steve Bareham

message 47: by Gill (new)

Gill Lancaster | 1 comments Emma is correct, you won't be disappointed with the Progeneter books, best writing and most creativity I've seen in a long time.Progeneter: Mayans, the Skull & the Chimera of Immortality

message 48: by Taylor (new)

Taylor | 2 comments i'm new here. lol. and i suggest

The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden, #1) by Julie Kagawa

message 49: by Missy (new)

Missy (missy_aurora) I second My Soul to Take (Soul Screamers, #1) by Rachel Vincent

message 50: by Sheri, Bookworm (new)

Sheri | 12222 comments Mod
Matched (Matched, #1) by Ally Condie

is the book that came out ahead in the polls!

« previous 1