The Sword and Laser discussion

SMS dialogue between Noomi Rapace and an Engineer

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stan (new)

Stan Slaughter | 359 comments Here is tounge and cheek SMS text message conversation between the "Engineer" in the new movie Prometheus and Noomi Rapaces character. Some pretty funny questions are asked about some ...err... minor plot holes.

(contains huge spoilers - do not read if you have not seen the movie)

http://enchantedmitten.blogspot.com/2...

message 2: by Aloha (last edited Jun 10, 2012 03:42PM) (new)

Aloha | 919 comments LMAO!!! I just saw the movie and this really tickled my funny bone.
Terrific. Thank you.

message 3: by Aloha (last edited Jun 10, 2012 03:45PM) (new)

Aloha | 919 comments I don't know if this is true, but look at the last comment:

Anonymous said...
Actually, Scott said in an interview that the engineers were keeping a watch on us. Then, around 2,000 years ago, "stuff was getting out of hand," so they sent their ambassador, Jesus Christ, who we then crucified, prompting the engineers to destroy us.

Geesh, the Jews are getting blamed for the planet being targeted for destruction.

message 4: by Richard (last edited Jun 10, 2012 04:49PM) (new)

Richard | 221 comments This is my interpretation of what is going on with the "Engineers". I don't think it is revealing too much & may help if you feel you need a clue going in, but I'll put it under a spoiler for those who may not want to know. (view spoiler)

message 5: by Aloha (last edited Jun 10, 2012 05:31PM) (new)

Aloha | 919 comments Richard, you should take over the writing for the movie. Your plot theories make more sense, but it doesn't explain why (view spoiler)

message 6: by Richard (new)

Richard | 221 comments Do, or do not. There is no why. I'm just trying to make sense of what I saw at the theater. (view spoiler)

message 7: by Joseph (new)

Joseph | 2257 comments So basically the alien base was (view spoiler)

message 8: by Jlawrence, S&L Moderator (new)

Jlawrence | 960 comments Mod
Richard, I like your explanation a lot, and it makes me appreciate what they were trying to do in the film more, but I still think they undermined that attempt in various ways -- like having most of the scientists act behave very incautiously, un-methodically and just plain dumbly towards their discoveries and (view spoiler) But I see it as interesting if flawed, and hope they get to do a sequel to try to follow-up on the loose-ends and WHYs.

I was witness to a Facebook thread where someone was saying (view spoiler)

message 9: by Richard (new)

Richard | 221 comments I was expecting something more thoughtful & involved, with more of a mystery element to it, but what I got felt more like Alien Lite. I will still get it on DVD & want to see a sequel. Will the sequel be an exploration of the engineers as a society & culture, or just another bug hunt? At this point I'd expect just another bug hunt, but Noomi (Dr Shaw) will be fun to watch in that role. I also hope that Meredith Vickers (Charlize Theron) also survived.