NȯQŧa discussion

Introductions

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Namida..., Kelaseekeyyat (last edited Jun 10, 2012 03:07PM) (new)

Namida... | 27 comments Mod
Give us a little bit of info about yourself, what's your favourite genre, favourite book, favourite author and what would u like to read in the future along with us? :)
Well to start with myself -if anybody doesn't know me already- I'm Aalaa and I'm a Classics person but I really hope I can come to appreciate other books like Mystery and Contemporary. My favourite author varies according to mood but the ever constant is probably Jane Austen, and the invariable, unrelenting and evermore favourite book was always Wuthering Heights but to enter into specifics of why I love it would create an essay, so it's safer to let it just hang on the four letter word, I love it, Noqta. ^^

message 2: by Abrar (new)

Abrar | 5 comments hi Aalaa, when am not sure how to say it actually :) but nice name and am glad to know about you.
my name is Abrar am from sudan living her in qairo. i have a passion to books, but i dont know yet my favorite and i dont know why too. i like to read in history, classic and all kinds, i prefer Agatha Christi in crime and am looking to start reading in Arabic Classic literature maybe if any one here help me in this.

message 3: by Namida..., Kelaseekeyyat (new)

Hey Abrar, i'm so happy u joined us ^^
my name isn't hard i just write it weirdly :) i hope you can be my guide to loving mystery books and i'm sure u'll find here people who're interested in arabic literature, i want to read those too...
again, Welcome!

message 4: by Abrar (new)

Abrar | 5 comments thank you :))

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

hi, Alaa & Abrar :)
i'm Mohamed elDaly...i enjoy reading in history, politics, science fiction , crime and anything that keeps me turning the pages.
i'm looking forward to reading more books this summer so i joined this group hoping to find some encouragement^_^

message 6: by Namida..., Kelaseekeyyat (new)

hey mohamed nice to meet you, i've always wanted to read in politics and i have a secret affinity for history ;) not that this makes me able to read in either of those genres...
we are currently choosing our first book (nice timing^^) please feel free to nominate and choose the book along with us :):)

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

thnx:)..sure i will !

message 8: by Heba (new)

Heba | 7 comments Mod
I'm Heba, an Egyptian 17 year-old. I don't have a specific favorite genre, I pretty much read and enjoy whatever I can get my hands on, but I generally stay away from English classics, so I want to explore them more in this book club.
I'm looking forwards to our first group read :D

message 9: by Abrar (new)

Abrar | 5 comments hi Heba and Mohammed its nice to have this different collection here.

message 10: by Kholod (new)

Kholod Ahmed | 1 comments hi alaa heba mohammed abrar
i'm kholod 22 years old i study medicine so i don't have much time to read
i read any book as as long as it is interesting or have a different idea my favourate book was عزازيل i loved it so much

message 11: by Namida..., Kelaseekeyyat (new)

Kholod wrote: "hi alaa heba mohammed abrar
i'm kholod 22 years old i study medicine so i don't have much time to read
i read any book as as long as it is interesting or have a different idea my favourate book w..."

hey Kholod, i'm happy u joined us, please feel free to help us choose the first book :)

message 12: by Abrar (new)

Abrar | 5 comments hi kholod, glad to meet u sweet :)

message 13: by Yasmeen (new)

Yasmeen | 15 comments Mod
hello people, I'm Yasmeen, i always loved to read books, but the bookwormish part of me has started to reappear again since last january, so i'm in the mood to read as many book as i can, i'm up for anything really, i recently found out i love the genre Historical Fiction, which i never knew about, and found myself reading a fair amount of Dystopian novels.