J.D. Robb discussion

In Death Unplugged > If you could only see ONE room of Roarke's mansion in real life, which room would it be ?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 52 (52 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Dee (new)

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 1070 comments I agree with you Miz, but since you said the bedroom I'll go for the hollow room. I would definately have to try that out. I was going to say the pool area but those I have seen. Definately, the hollow room. I can't even imagine it.

message 2: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 12887 comments Mod
I'd want to see that library!

message 3: by Sara ♥ (new)

Sara ♥ (saranicole) | 1038 comments I want to play in the pool! The holo room would be cool, too...

message 4: by Stacey (new)

Stacey | 45 comments I agree with Miz too! I totally want to see the bedroom. I have a very definate image of the room and would love to see how my verison measures up.

message 5: by Jonetta (new)

Sara ♥ wrote: "I want to play in the pool! The holo room would be cool, too..."

Okay, I forgot about that pool!

message 6: by Dee (new)

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 1070 comments I think it is Galahad's and he just lets Roarke and Eve use it.

message 7: by Monica (new)

Monica | 39 comments I would also like to see the pool. One of my favorite scenes takes place there ;)

Also, I wouldn't mind seeing the weapons room. That would be an interesting collection to check out.

message 8: by Dee (new)

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 1070 comments Monica wrote: "I would also like to see the pool. One of my favorite scenes takes place there ;)

Also, I wouldn't mind seeing the weapons room. That would be an interesting collection to check out."

That would be my husband's area. He told me a story when he was about 3 he was a party with his family and he was getting cranky so his father took him home and put him to bed (this was in the 30's). He said he was fine because he had his cap gun and could protect himself.

I would like to see the stuff from the middle ages, though. I might like to target shoot too.

message 9: by Jonetta (new)

Mooonnniiiccaaa....what scene was that? Lol!! Lots of good times in that pool:)

message 10: by Sara ♥ (new)

Sara ♥ (saranicole) | 1038 comments I think my first pool-related scene was in Book 2 (I think) after Eve moves in, when Roarke has to go on a business trip, and Eve's like, "Summerset, I'm going to have a friend over. A very close PERSONAL friend..." and he totally thinks its some skeezy guy, but it's Mavis. And then hang out by the pool a bunch.

Or maybe when all the girls are hanging out at the pool at the engagement party?

Or any scene involving the pool, Eve, Roarke, and no clothing. ;)

message 11: by Jonetta (new)

I liked that engagement party!! Those things have a way of turning Eve's opinion of "girl" events upside down.

Roarke and Eve in the pool? Is there ever a bad scene?

message 12: by Jonetta (new)

Yeah, and that payoff at the end whether she wins or loses:)

message 13: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 3237 comments Definitely the pool room. Unless of course Roarke is there then maybe the bedroom...then again, the pool room has seen plenty of action too.

message 14: by Chelsealuv (new)

Chelsealuv Krigbaum I would love to try out the SHOWER

message 15: by Jonetta (new)

And that tub! Topped off with the drying tube.

message 16: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 3237 comments Yea the drying tube, along with an auto chef are definitely two of the items I wish existed currently. Never wash another towel and a machine that cooks my food on demand. Heaven!

message 17: by Jonetta (new)

Check out the Gadgets topic under the Unplugged folder! Lots of fun there:)

message 18: by Mary (new)

Mary | 208 comments Mmm.... from your messages I see that I'm not the only one who can't decide which room would love to see. I think it would be great if we could see the whole house, but since you asked only for one room, I think I would go with holo, too!

message 19: by Vera (new)

Vera Maslow | 446 comments Oh so many good rooms to choose from. It's very hard to choose but I think I would go with Holo room too. I have anxiety issues so traveling places is usually out of the question but I would absolutely love to see so many places!!! If I could bring those places to me that would be epic :)

message 20: by LeiCa (new)

LeiCa | 761 comments I'd be wherever Roarke is (preferably when Eve is hot on a case somewhere ver far away) ...

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

I think I'd want the solarium. Lots of sun, great views of the lovely grounds. And wine. lots of wine.

message 22: by Mary (new)

Mary | 208 comments Christine wrote: "It would be the library :)) and id like a cup of coffee with that :))"

The library, of course! How did I forget about it??? I would love to have in my house a library like the one in the book!!!!!

message 23: by Dee (new)

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 1070 comments The Holo room first and then their bedroom

message 24: by Mary (new)

Mary | 208 comments You are telling me? I think it's the version of bookworm heaven for every true bookworm, including myself, of course!!!! :)

message 25: by Mary (new)

Mary | 208 comments Dee wrote: "The Holo room first and then their bedroom"

I'm really curious about their bedroom; it must be huge!

message 26: by Betsy (new)

Betsy I'd have to go with the pool. But some of the rooftop terraces come next.

message 27: by Jonetta (new)

This house has endless possibilities.

message 28: by Jenna (new)

Jenna Harte (jennaharte) | 46 comments Bedroom...but I'd like the bathroom too. I bet the tub is awesome and I'd love a drying tube.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm really an outdoors kind of woman and the thought of taking a walk on the private grounds, I bet there's a pond or lake with ducks and geese; as a private Central Park .

message 30: by Vera (new)

Vera Maslow | 446 comments Cassandra wrote: "I'm really an outdoors kind of woman and the thought of taking a walk on the private grounds, I bet there's a pond or lake with ducks and geese; as a private Central Park ."

There may be... I remember reading a couple times they were taking a stroll outside on the grounds. the wording makes me think "a stroll in the park"

message 31: by Jonetta (new)

Cassandra, I've often dreamed about their grounds. Thanks for the reminder.

message 32: by LoveJunkie (new)

LoveJunkie | 17 comments the roof top terrace where Eve seduced Roarke with the dinner..the bed that come out of the wall....gotta see that....Second would be the grounds where they got married and had their walks and intimate moments and where his mothers tree is planted.....

message 33: by Jonetta (new)

I would love to see examples of that rooftop terrace...

message 34: by Jonetta (last edited Mar 10, 2013 07:33AM) (new)

Here's an image of an example of Roarke's library

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=h...

message 35: by Jonetta (new)

Here's an image of Roarke's Mansion

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=h...

message 36: by Sara ♥ (new)

Sara ♥ (saranicole) | 1038 comments I WANT THAT LIBRARY!!!

message 37: by Sara ♥ (new)

Sara ♥ (saranicole) | 1038 comments Rooftop terraces:

https://www.google.com/search?q=rooft...

Take your pick!!

message 38: by Jonetta (last edited Mar 10, 2013 03:53PM) (new)

Roarke's Rooftop Terrace

Roarke's Rooftop Terrace

message 39: by Momreadstoomuch (new)

Momreadstoomuch | 15 comments The room with the pool

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Jonetta wrote: "Cassandra, I've often dreamed about their grounds. Thanks for the reminder."
:) I guess I've always thought that Roarke's castle/grounds would all be with a bit of an Irish flair. Lush greenery, stone fences, babbling brooks, stone benches. I've fancied Donegal castle, but that's not quite it either.

message 41: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 116 comments Jonetta wrote: "Here's an image of Roarke's Mansion

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=h......"

THANK YOU!!! I've always had a hard time picturing the actual house itself for some reason -- this picture is perfect!

Personally, I'm like Christine -- the library with Roarke's coffee (and Roarke there too, maybe :) ? ) sounds like my kinda heaven. I always pictured it to look like the Biltmore mansion library (only less gaudy...)
http://0.tqn.com/d/gosoutheast/1/0/J/...

message 42: by Jonetta (new)

I LOVE the Biltmore mansion library!! You are talking about the one in Asheville?

message 43: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 116 comments Yep! Unfortunately I've never seen it in person, but I fell in love with it just from the brochures and pictures I've seen.

message 44: by Jonetta (new)

I visited it a few years ago. It's lovely.

message 45: by Wendi (new)

Wendi | 7 comments The holo room or the pool!

message 46: by Jonetta (new)

I still can't envision that holo room.

message 47: by N. (last edited May 03, 2013 04:56AM) (new)

N. Davis | 24 comments If I could see only one room in Roarks mansion, I would choose the holo room. I could use it to see the others, haha.

message 48: by Jonetta (new)

Here's a challenge...

Can we find photos to add to the group that represent our ideas for how some of these rooms look?

message 49: by Julia (new)

Julia Ce (juliace) The Library!

message 50: by Maggie (new)

Maggie | 1432 comments Holo room!

« previous 1