Reading Herbies discussion

The Starch Solution: Eat the Foods You Love, Regain Your Health, and Lose the Weight for Good!
This topic is about The Starch Solution
Starch Solution Week 2 Q4

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Lindsay Nixon (happyherbivore) | 59 comments Mod
Did chapter 2 change your mind about starches?

message 2: by Roxanne (new) - added it

Roxanne V (RoxanneV) | 15 comments I always liked my starches so this is giving me permission to eat them in "public" rather than hide! HeeHee

Susan (wife2abadge) | 5 comments It's really hard to let go of that "potatoes are fattening" mindset. I had hash browns and a bunch of veggies for breakfast yesterday, & a baked potato and a bunch of veggies for lunch. I will say that I stayed satisfied longer than usual after lunch.

message 4: by Karen (new)

Karen | 8 comments POTATOES, how I have missed thee, whole grain carbs were one thing, WHITE potatoes to be avoided, and oh how I missed! Since this book I've done mashed (cooked in veg broth w'garlic) or baked with some sort of cooked greens +? on top, and various spices and herbs quite a few times, and enjoyed each more than the last!

message 5: by Susan (new)

Susan | 19 comments Lindsay wrote: "Did chapter 2 change your mind about starches?"

I never bought into the starches are the devil. But chapter 2 put a smile on my face!

TheLadyFebruary It really did. I was hesitating on getting this book really, but seeing everyone's comments on it got me to crack it open and... wow! It really just makes a heckuva lot of sense.