The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

Book Hunting / Recommendations > Trying to Remember a Book

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Janet (new)

Janet (Janet949) | 9 comments I read it a long time ago, (perhaps some time in the 70s?)...about a serial killer who was killing people at random. A pattern emerged where the victims represented pawns in a board game (Sorry! or Parcheesi or some such) and were wearing or carrying or somehow associated with the colors red, blue, green or yellow. I think it was told from the persective of both the detective and the killer. Does that sound familiar to anybody?

message 2: by Becky (new)

Becky | 18 comments wow, I googled everything I could think of and nothing came up - i'll keep searching - someone on here will find it though !

message 3: by Jill (new)

Jill Hutchinson (bucs1960) I was thinking of The Pawn (The Patrick Bowers Files, #1) by Steven James by Stephen James but that is too recent if you read it in the 1970s. I hope someone finds out what it is since it sounds fascinating.

message 4: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Janet wrote: "I read it a long time ago, (perhaps some time in the 70s?)...about a serial killer who was killing people at random. A pattern emerged where the victims represented pawns in a board game (Sorry! or..."

Janet, if you haven't located your book yet, here's a link that might help you...

http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/1...

message 5: by Debora (new)

Debora Hadeen | 1 comments Janet I remember this book and have been trying to remember the title. I’ve searched many times. Did you have any luck?

The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Pawn (other topics)