Scarlet Garden *Masquerade* (Advanced) discussion

Second Level > Study

Comments Showing 1-50 of 111 (111 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Mal, Mrs.Felton <3 (new)

Mal (malxox) | 834 comments Mod
Obvious to its name, the study isn't particularly huge but is fairly large for a study. A desk sits towards the back of the room and shelves line the walls. It's a fairly quiet place most the time.

message 2: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (last edited Jun 09, 2012 08:27PM) (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ Zaina walked into the room at the end of the hall away from the ballroom. She sat down in the corner, pulled her legs up to her chest and hugged them, putting her head down. Men were creeps. She had danced with a few and each one of them had been pigs. One couldn't seem to know to keep his hands to himself. Another, she thought, would poke her eyes out or something, trying to figure out if they were real or not. Zaina knew coming here had been a mistake. She should have stayed home and helped with the laundry.

message 3: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) David wandered into the study silently. He noticed it was a good idea, too, considering there was a girl here who was probably sleeping. That was strange because wasn't girls suppose to like these types of things? The girls he had been with before this ball generally liked dressing up and wanted to go to this ball. His mind sidetracked as he wondered if he would meet any of them here.

message 4: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ Zaina didn't hear anyone come in, but she did stir a bit. She lifted her head up a little and played with the lavender pendent of her necklace. Zaina wondered what it must have felt like when her father gave this to her mother, or what it was like when the two of them met here. She wondered a lot of things as she remained oblivious to the young man that had just came in.

message 5: by Killer Queen (last edited Jun 17, 2012 11:18AM) (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) David glanced at her. So she wasn't sleeping. And he supposed it would be creepy if he was watching her, so he turned to a book case and looked at the book titles. He went back to thinking about the girls he knew, but sidetracked again as he wondered where his sister was and what happened to her.

message 6: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ Zaina stood up getting ready to leave and for the first time noticed someone there. "Oh um, hello." She said, quickly and awkwardly. She hadn't really had a 'proper' conversation with a guy yet. They were all too busy trying to convince her that they had fallen in love. Though that emotion seemed to disappear when she told them she was dirt poor. Zaina gave a small courtesy and introduced herself. "My name is Zaina."

message 7: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) David looked at her, a little surprised that she had said something. "Oh, hello. I'm David. Sorry if I interrupted you..." he said as he put back a book he had begun to flip through aimlessly. He brushed the light dust of his palms and smiled politely.

message 8: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ "Oh no, you didn't .. interrupt me. I wasn't really doing anything. I was just tired. From the dancing." She said keeping her eyes down, she had enough comments about how unnatural and unusual the color was for them. Zaina stayed quiet not sure what to say.

message 9: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) David tried to get a better look at her face, or at least her mask or eyes. "Really? How many people have you danced with?" He didn't really dance with anyone. He wasn't really interested and wished he could go home and forget this ball. A part of him, however, wanted to know what happened to Claire here, so he came willingly.

message 10: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ Zaina shrugged. "Five or six." She answered, as she continued to play with her pendant, out of nervous habit. "They were all idiots and creeps." Zaina added as an afterthought. "How many have you danced with?" She asked, politely, as she dared to look up her eyes meeting his.

message 11: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) "Uh, none really. To be honest, I don't really want to be here..." David said awkwardly, rubbing the back of his head. He noticed her purple eyes and cocked his head slightly, like a cat would do. "I'm not sure I ever saw eyes like that. Do they run in your family?" He kind of liked them. They were unique and pretty.

message 12: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ "Unless you've met my father, I don't think so." She said. "But, yes, they do run in my family, from my father's side. Only the first born has them though. It's weird." Zaina looked back down at her pendent as she mentioned her father. "And you can join the club for not wanting to be here." She said.

message 13: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) David grinned, "I'm sorry. You've missed the memo. There's already one. We meet near the punch bowl, which I think is spiked, by the way, every other hour out of sheer boredom." He noticed the pendant. "Is that necklace from your father? Where you close?"

message 14: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ Zaina smiled at his joke, an actual smile. Not the fake polite ones she'd been given everyone tonight. "Really, I'll be at the next meeting then." She said, then answered his next questions after hearing them. "Um, yes. It was my father's. Kind of a family heirloom. And um... we never had a chance to be close. He passed away before I was born. This is the only connection I have to him." Zaina stated simply.

message 15: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) David's grin widened as she joked around with him, but faltered when she talked about her father. "Oh, I'm sorry. I know how that feels," he said softly, messing with his onyx ring that was his father's. At least he was able to have some good times with him before he was killed.

message 16: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ "Was that his ring?" She asked, as she saw him mess around with it, not asking what happened to his father, knowing how much she despised that question. He probably did too, so she left it at that. "It looks nice." She added with a soft smile.

message 17: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) "Thank you. And yes it was. I appreciate you not asking about him," David said, giving a small smile back. "So. Violet eyed Zaina, would you like to accompany me to my 'This Place Sucks' meeting?" he asked, walking towards her.

message 18: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ "You're welcome." She said. Then, Zaina gave him a smile, and was not annoyed by the epithet like she would have been when other people used it. "I'd be honored to accompany you to the meeting." She said, with a smile. For the first time that night she was actually enjoying it a bit.

message 19: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) "Excellent. At least the meeting won't be dry," David said, chuckling a little. "Maybe we could dance later? I promise I'm not a creep. I can't promise I'm not an idiot, however, because as I heard time after time, the male gender are always idiots." He offered his arm for her to rest her hand on. "To be honest, I have no idea what these people have to complain about. Someone needs to keep this world interesting."

message 20: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ Zaina laughed at his comment as she put her hand lightly on his arm. "At least you are realistic." She said with a smile. "I promise not to act like a drama queen." She said, even though he didn't say anything about them. Still there were plenty of those types of girls in the ball room, and she had a feeling he didn't like those girls either. "And yes, I must agree. What's a world without entertainment?"

message 21: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) ((My brain shut down in our TAS roleplay ._.))

"Space, of course. One filled with black holes that suck the very life out of you. Or my crusty old great aunt." David said, leading her toward the Dining Hall. He pinched his upper lip, in thought. He shrugged, "Doesn't matter, though. The world has me."

message 22: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ ((yeah, same here))

Zaina laughed again. She followed him as they walked, not keeping her gaze down anyway, but looking straight ahead, feeling more confident. "That is a completely valid reason." She said with a grin as they walked into the Dining Hall, it wasn't very crowded. Thank goodness. ((you post first there!))

message 23: by Mal, Mrs.Felton <3 (new)

Andrew lead Keket into the study with a light expression. Instantly his concerned mood swayed to a bit of relief. He could smell the paper from here, the smell of books and paper had strangely always been his favorite. And he could easily place that they were in a study of he weren't able to actually see. He felt a twinge of guilt, he'd befriended someone who couldn't see at all--he really should get back to her before the night fries to old. "Here we are." his voice was light.

message 24: by Lyric (new)

Lyric Mermaidan (ambrosiadaughterofzeus) | 366 comments Keket's body physiccly relaxed as she took a deep breath. She touched a wall of books with her dark skined hand. She loved the feel of smooth leather bound books under her hands. It was a confert. Books never hurt her and she hoped they never will. She also loved that they were alone now. Crowds often bothered Keket."Thank you...Andrew"she said meeting his eyes. Her green eyes conveyed how much she ment those two small words.

message 25: by Mal, Mrs.Felton <3 (new)

Andrew smiled honestly as he nodded, only once did he bid. Though it meant a great load for he felt... Relaxed. Not as shy he guessed. It was quite a feeling. To just hop out of his hell like that. He grabbed a book that caught his eye after flipping threw a few pages. He couldn't help it, he memorized things easily and well--was a but curios about more than one thing at once. "Of course, Keket."

message 26: by Lyric (new)

Lyric Mermaidan (ambrosiadaughterofzeus) | 366 comments "I'm glad I got to meet you before I dissapper"Keket said as she picked up a think looking book and slowly looked through the pages. she sat down on a leather couch with it in her lap. She more more skiming than reading really, but the action calmed her."You seem more confident Andrew."

message 27: by Mal, Mrs.Felton <3 (new)

"Disappear?" Andrew stiffened. What was she talking about? She wasn't going to... The rumors made him shiver for more than likely where they real but why did she feel she was to disappear? Because she didn't think the Masquerade right as the government did? "Keket, you won't..."

message 28: by Lyric (new)

Lyric Mermaidan (ambrosiadaughterofzeus) | 366 comments "Disapper? Andrew lets face the facts I won't find my soulmate tonight...But please...dont be sad. Please don't be sad"Keket murmured her hand towards his."YOu don't have to worry though. You'll find a girl tonight. I'm sure of it"Keket said to him, her green eyes convaying assurance with a tint of sadness.

message 29: by Mal, Mrs.Felton <3 (new)

"You can't think like that." he stuck the book back into the bookcase where he'd found it. He grabbed her hand and pulled her toward him, less gentle then he'd thought. Though he didn't hurt her, and it wasn't violent. "You'll find him, trust mr you'll find him." he said firmly, nodding his head once again. He felt... Saddened. He really did... like this girl.

message 30: by Lyric (new)

Lyric Mermaidan (ambrosiadaughterofzeus) | 366 comments ((this is so freaking adorable! ~starry eyed~))

Keket was taken back by his sudden jurk but wasnt hurt. Keket gave him one of her softest smiles she could muster. She shook her head. Her eyes were calm with acceptance. She leaned in and rest her head on his shoulders."I'm glad I made a friend."

message 31: by Mal, Mrs.Felton <3 (new)

((I KNOW!))

Andrew frowned a bit when she didn't appear to be liking but let himself manage a smile for her sake as she was. "As an I.. I don't have many if those." he gently wrapped his arms around her. He urged to tell her his feelings, oh did he ever. But she didn't feel the same way, or she wouldn't have called him as a friend. He felt a bit deflated. But he was her first dance, and he knew they were urged to get around.

message 32: by Lyric (new)

Lyric Mermaidan (ambrosiadaughterofzeus) | 366 comments Keket seemed shocked but returned the hug. She held him tightly."I've never had a friend before"she murmued to him. She felt her heart swell. She want to stay huggeing him forever."Well Kaiden dosnt count since he's my pet bird"she murmured as a joke. "I....I don't want to disapper now....I want to stay with you"she murmured in a softer voice. It was almsot a whisper.

message 33: by Mal, Mrs.Felton <3 (new)

"You're not going to dissapear, Keket," he said, reassuring her as well as himself best he could. "You'll find him," he smiled down at her gently. He felt a tiniest but any in that moment but didn't pull away. "In fact I shouldn't be jinxing you here when you could be liking." he felt the urge to frown, or sigh because of how true that was.

message 34: by Lyric (new)

Lyric Mermaidan (ambrosiadaughterofzeus) | 366 comments "N-No let me stay here. The others..scare me"She said leaning back a little so he could see the pleading in her eyes. She didnt know why she was so desprate to stay here with him. "Your safe...you make me feel safe" That was all she ever wanted, confert and acceptance a safe haven.

message 35: by Mal, Mrs.Felton <3 (new)

Andrew felt relief wash through him, "It'd be my pleasure to keep you safe, Keket." he said with a slow, bashful smile sores ding over his face. "Here," he pulled away and lead her to the desk, around and set her down in the chair. "Just relax," he said.

message 36: by Lyric (new)

Lyric Mermaidan (ambrosiadaughterofzeus) | 366 comments Keket blushed at his smiled but her own mouth also formed into a smile. She took his hand in a gentle but firm grip."I want to know more about you...What is your family like? Your Parents? Do you have siblings?"she murmured. Her bright green eyes searchign his for answers.

message 37: by Mal, Mrs.Felton <3 (new)

Annnnd again with the question. He thought. Again, unsure why that happened to be such a popular question. Gently, do as not to upset her he took his hand away and moved the chair do he could hop up to DIY on the desk. "Well, no. I don't. That's why I was so lonely--am lonely." he admitted.

message 38: by Lyric (new)

Lyric Mermaidan (ambrosiadaughterofzeus) | 366 comments "Please...dont be sad."Keket said in a surprisinly young sounding voice."I dont eaither and I get lonely too."Keket said and her eyes convaye dsoemthing else. Why cant we be alone....together. But she quickly dashed that from her mind. She was being selfish

message 39: by Mal, Mrs.Felton <3 (new)

"We can be alone together." he suggested with a raise of one eyebrow. He hadn't had the slightest clue that she had been thinking that it just seemed like the logical thing to say. Then he blushed a little, "Like as friends, ya know?" he added, unsure of how he sounded to her.

message 40: by Lyric (new)

Lyric Mermaidan (ambrosiadaughterofzeus) | 366 comments Keket was surprised when she felt...dissapointment when he added the 'friends part'. She admited and accepted she wanted more but wouldn't voice it. She broke eye contact so so he couldnt read her eyes."Carful, your soulmate might get jealous"

message 41: by Mal, Mrs.Felton <3 (new)

"Yeah well... It's a chance I'm willing to take. I just want to find my soulmate.. That's be nice." he added at the end with a slight sigh. "...So, why don't we talk about do eyeing other than this." he offered, seeing as she didn't seem to want to look at him. "Like about... I don't know. I'm terrible at... Small... Talk." he hit his bottom lip

message 42: by Lyric (new)

Lyric Mermaidan (ambrosiadaughterofzeus) | 366 comments Keket couldnt help but give a small laugh at that since it was kind of funny. "Darling let's stick to subjects we're familair to"She said touching his cheek as she laughed. She realized what she had done and slowly removed her hand."I apologize"she said looking down once more. She felt her hand tingle, making her want to do it again.

message 43: by Mal, Mrs.Felton <3 (new)

Andrew, despite his blush, couldnt help but wonder why she was sorry. And with a titled head, reached out and touched her shoulder in reassurnce. "No need to apoligize, Darling" he mimed with a small laugh.

message 44: by Lyric (last edited Jun 15, 2012 03:32PM) (new)

Lyric Mermaidan (ambrosiadaughterofzeus) | 366 comments Keket blushed brightly but also did a chilish pout when he mimed her."YOur halarious"she said sacrasticlly with a roll of her eyes. Her bare shoulder tingled when he touched her, this of course causing an even deeper blush to become apparent

message 45: by Mal, Mrs.Felton <3 (new)

Andrew couldnt help the smile that spread over his face almost triumphy, it was nice to be the one causing the blush instead on being the one with it plastered across his cheeks. "I try." he said lightly, shrugging his shoulders as he set his hand back.

message 46: by Lyric (last edited Jun 15, 2012 03:39PM) (new)

Lyric Mermaidan (ambrosiadaughterofzeus) | 366 comments "Well good job Mon Cherie"SHe said teasing him right back as she crossed her arms in triumph her self as she teased him right back. HEr green eyes were bright and happy and she talked with him. She felt like she could open up to the boy with ease

message 47: by Mal, Mrs.Felton <3 (new)

"You really seem to like the idea of me being your darling." he commented, showing his knowledge. He had understood literally everyword she had just said, and was glad to see that she seemed to be a bit more open than when they had met downstairs in that overly crowded room. Again, he felt triumph.

message 48: by Lyric (new)

Lyric Mermaidan (ambrosiadaughterofzeus) | 366 comments It was true, she felt more confertable out of the crowds, and that was a key point to being more open. But there was something else making her calm here with him. "It's true, I'm very found of the idea"she sai in a light tone and with a shrugg. She also closed her eyes as she did so to hide the honestly of those words.

message 49: by Mal, Mrs.Felton <3 (new)

"In all various ways. I haven't heard anyone use Mon Cherie for years, hell... most people I know how no idea what that is. They'd probably peg it as motoroil." he said with a light laugh, his shoulders raising as the sound escpaed his lips.

message 50: by Lyric (new)

Lyric Mermaidan (ambrosiadaughterofzeus) | 366 comments Keket found his laughter contagious as her own shoulders shook with a lightly laughter that slightly get louder over time. She covered her mouth trying to control it."I'm afriad I'm terrably old fasioned"

« previous 1 3