The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > Hello All From The Middle of Nowhere

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Just found GR a couple of days ago and have been having so much fun adding books to my shelves. I really don't live in the middle of nowhere--it's just that most people think it is. I have 2 sons, 1 daughter and have had the same model spouse for 26 years. I've always been a reader but since I joined a book club a few months ago, I have become something of an addict. Well, I thought I was until I started reading all of your postings!

message 2: by Becky (new)

Becky (beckyofthe19and9) Welcome Lisa! I'm very much addicted to GR, and this group keeps me more than entertained... In fact, I should be reading right now, but here I am! :)
Enjoy!

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa I've spent nearly an hour on the site just now and should be reading, too! :) I'm off to do that now--"People of the Book" by Geraldine Brooks. She's going to be in town in a couple of weeks--I'm so stoked.

message 4: by Petra-X (new)

Petra-X (mona-lisa-with-eggs) Hi there Lisa, this is a great fun group to belong to. Lots of nice people and good books to discuss.

message 5: by Hayes (new)

Hayes (hayes13) Hi Lisa!! Welcome to the group... you'll find lots of fun things to read here!! The "mountain" on the floor next to my bed keeps growing - no room on the night table, so they had to go somewhere!!

message 6: by Robin (new)

Robin (RobinSullivan) | 1002 comments Lisa wrote: "I've spent nearly an hour on the site just now and should be reading, too! :) I'm off to do that now--"People of the Book" by Geraldine Brooks. She's going to be in town in a couple of weeks--I'm..."

Welcome to the group - I saw Geraldine in DC at the National Book Festival - it was great listening to her speak. She is very similar to what you would expect.

message 7: by Lisa Julianna (new)

Lisa Julianna (lisajulianna) | 1053 comments Hi Lisa, Welcome to the group!!!

from another Lisa :~) (great name) LOL

message 8: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 9857 comments Mod
Hi Lisa.
Thanks for joining. If you think you are addict now, wait till you spend a little more time with us! We read all sorts of genres so you are bound to be adding books to your TBR folder like crazy!!

message 9: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thenightowl) Welcome Lisa! TNBBC is addicting but in a good way
:-)

message 10: by Eric (new)

Eric | 382 comments Welcome to the group! You'll love it here.

message 11: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Hayes wrote: "Hi Lisa!! Welcome to the group... you'll find lots of fun things to read here!! The "mountain" on the floor next to my bed keeps growing - no room on the night table, so they had to go somewhere!!"

I have that same mountain! I shoot for a book a week, but I'm not sure that's going to keep up with the rate I pick up books.

message 12: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 69 comments Welcome Lisa - from yet another Lisa! I'd be interested in what you think of People of Book. I read March a few months ago.

message 13: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Lisa wrote: "Welcome Lisa - from yet another Lisa! I'd be interested in what you think of People of Book. I read March a few months ago."

I had a hard time with "March" although I thought it was well written and I know it's based on the facts of Bronson Alcott's life. But "Little Women" is one of my favorite books ever and I had an idealized image of the father which didn't match the man in "March." I'm over half way through "People" and really like it!

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Lisa! Welcome to the group!

message 15: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 69 comments I didn't care for March either! I'll have to look into People.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey Lisa! Welcome!

message 17: by Vincent (new)

Vincent Lowry (vlowry) | 137 comments Welcome, Lisa!

message 18: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Hi Lisa! Welcome!

message 19: by Jen (new)

Jen (nekokitty) | 110 comments Welcome! :)

message 20: by Robin (new)

Robin (RobinSullivan) | 1002 comments hello,
I've been out of town for a few days and not on the board - just wanted to welcome you to the group!