Romance Audiobooks discussion

Archives > Change of group name

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (leahensleysaudiobooks) You may have noticed that our group name has changed from Speaking of Audiobooks to Romance Audiobooks. This was done in an attempt to better identify our group's primary purpose and make us easier to locate within Goodreads. Of course, we also cherish your non-romance discussion as can easily be seen in our non-romance threads.

message 2: by Brittany B. (new)

Brittany B. (benoibe) | 310 comments Oh... I loved "speaking of"... Speaking of Romance Audiobooks would give us character... :)

message 3: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1379 comments i like Brittany's

message 4: by ♡Karlyn P♡ (new)

♡Karlyn P♡ (karlynp) | 34 comments I see the reason (and agree!) for the name change to include 'romance'. I too liked the 'Speaking of', which goes with the blog name, right? Brittany's suggestion is the best of both options, and lurkers / users looking for this forum will find it a bit easier. Just my 2cents:-)

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (leahensleysaudiobooks) Ahhh, love your thoughts! Let me think on it. The largest audio site by far on Goodreads is a simple word - Audiobooks. I was trying to line up with that type of thinking.

I'd like to test this for a while. We can always go with Brittany's suggestion or something else catchy later!

message 6: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1379 comments maybe we could brainstorm some names - send them to you and then put them up in a poll and have the members vote

Nichole ~Bookaholic~ (nicholebookaholic) | 225 comments For what it is worth I really liked the "Speaking of" part of the name...

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (leahensleysaudiobooks) Sounds great Dee! Let's run this a while and see how effective it is and then we could look at doing just that (as long as Romance Audiobooks is part of the name).

message 9: by paula (new)

paula (paula_) | 212 comments I like "Speaking Of.." also. If the goal of the group is to grow in membership though, I do think that sticking with something as straight-forward as Romance Audiobooks" is definitely best.

message 10: by Brittany B. (last edited Jun 12, 2012 10:58AM) (new)

Brittany B. (benoibe) | 310 comments Im actually feeling the love. I just realized my idea was popular. (sorry lea, it's a mini-mutiny:)
If the goal is higher membership, I have definitely found audiobook friends who aren't in the group. Ill point them in the right direction... :)

message 11: by Lea's Audiobooks (new)

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (leahensleysaudiobooks) Ha! Mini mutiny in deed. Have heard from others in private messages/emails who like the plain title too so who knows?

The goal is not to grow the group for the sake of growth. It is to let more people know that we mostly talk romance audio.

I have thought about a name change since starting this group as it didn't describe what we were about. We hadn't had any new members for about 6 weeks when I changed the name a few days ago. In three days, we have six new members.

So, let's see what happens!

message 12: by Lea's Audiobooks (new)

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (leahensleysaudiobooks) Okay, I've had time to test our name and it looks like our growth rate is approximately the same. We had a quick addition of 20 members and then it has evened out.

So, what do you want to name our group? It must contain Romance Audiobooks (those two words together). Send me a personal message and I'll then put those to a vote, okay?

message 13: by Brittany B. (last edited Aug 12, 2012 10:23PM) (new)

Brittany B. (benoibe) | 310 comments Lea: have I missed the vote?? I'm an idiot. Lol.

message 14: by Lea's Audiobooks (new)

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (leahensleysaudiobooks) No - I'm giving our group through Wed. August 15th to submit names.

message 15: by Brittany B. (new)

Brittany B. (benoibe) | 310 comments Oh, I'll be in touch then... :)