Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Delete Paperback copy please

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Paula (new)

Paula (paulaan) | 7027 comments We do not delete books once they have been published. Why do you want it deleted? We only delete when a book has never been published or given away as a ARC

The person who won the giveaway and others who have bought/read and ARC it will want shelve / rate the edition they have

message 2: by Paula (new)

Paula (paulaan) | 7027 comments GR Policy that the librarians work to mean we would not delete the book.

You can contact GR using the contact us link on the help page and ask that they delete it if they feel appropriate.

(If I had won the giveaway and found the paperback copy deleted I would not be happy. I did not read the kindle edition, I read the paper back copy and would want that on my book shelves NOT the kindle edition.)

This is primarily a book cataloging site not a sales site.

message 3: by Paula (new)

Paula (paulaan) | 7027 comments You can put a note in the edition field - Out of Print to indicate it is not available anymore

message 4: by Georgina (new)

Georgina Howlett (georginahowlett) | 13 comments Like Paula says, you could put a new edition field in - maybe put "Paperback (No longer available)" or something?

message 5: by Georgina (new)

Georgina Howlett (georginahowlett) | 13 comments Glad to help :) Will you be doing it yourself, or would you like me to do it for you?

message 6: by Paula (new)

Paula (paulaan) | 7027 comments no, the no longer available is indicating it cannot be purchased - if you do a giveaway it still cannot be purchased.