Action/Adventure Aficionados discussion

Movies and Television > What's the Best Action Sequence In a Sci-Fi TV show?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by The Pirate Ghost, Long John Silvers Wanna-be (last edited Jun 08, 2012 03:12PM) (new)

The Pirate Ghost (Formerly known as the Curmudgeon) (pirateghost) | 5327 comments Mod
What's the best action sequence ever in a Science Fiction Television Show? Put your youtube links here. What do you think it is?

Warning- If you haven't seen a TV show, there will be spoilers here. If you have plans to watch it, you may want to skip the clip here.

Please state what show your clip is from when you post the video link. THank you

message 2: by The Pirate Ghost, Long John Silvers Wanna-be (new)

The Pirate Ghost (Formerly known as the Curmudgeon) (pirateghost) | 5327 comments Mod
Okay, this is it for me, if not the best, it's got to be ranked well up there.. It's from Battlestar Galactica 2005 (BSG 2005).

Galactica to the Rescue!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7da3iw...

(view spoiler)

message 3: by The Pirate Ghost, Long John Silvers Wanna-be (new)

and yes, that resistance fighter is the same actress that plays the really cute little Hindi Ghost on "Being Human."

The end of it, the Pegasus Commanded by Adama's son Apollo comes in and takes saves the Galactica, taking out three Death Stars while the Cylon's blow it to tiny-bits-eth.

You'll have to watch to see if Apollo and his Smokin' hot Caprican wife Dee (Yea, she gets my tea steamy) make it out alive.

message 4: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 4776 comments Mod
Person of Interest has great action scenes. My favorite is the scene where Reese gets on the guy for holding his gun wrong. Also the car scene when he gets free from the bad guys. I couldn't find them on You Tube.

message 5: by The Pirate Ghost, Long John Silvers Wanna-be (new)

I'm behind on that series but yea, there sure are some there. Reese kind of reminds me of Steven Segal in his first one or two movies (before he got fat, self-centered and obnoxious...okay... lets just go with his first two movies then...)

I don't mean they look the same or act the same, just that he doesn't look like that Kung Fu-Jujitsu stuff is going to come out of him, and when it does it's like.. Holy (I'll use cow here because its still prime time) I didn't expect this guy to do that stuff. There was a movie or two where could actually get his foot above the waste when he kicked.

message 6: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Literary Adrenaline Junkie (last edited Jun 08, 2012 04:56PM) (new)

Seagal used to crack me up in his older movies. I especially appreciated when he pistol-whipped those guys in the car in The Glimmer Man.

message 7: by The Pirate Ghost, Long John Silvers Wanna-be (new)

I liked it when he was having a cook out and invited all of his friends. Since he's of Italian Heritage, half of them were cops like him (co-workers) the other half belonged to organized crime (Da Mob). both factions were keeping each to their side of the lawn and eyeing each other over the picnic table.

It was funny. (I forget which movie that was, but it was before the Under Siege stuff.)

message 8: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new)

Was that his first movie where Pam Grier was his partner and he was married to Sharon Stone?

message 9: by The Pirate Ghost, Long John Silvers Wanna-be (new)

No, I thought Glimmer Man was his first Movie. (or something like that) His first one was an HBO movie wasn't it?

message 10: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new)

I think this first movie was Above The Law.

message 11: by The Pirate Ghost, Long John Silvers Wanna-be (new)

YES, and it opened with scenes of him in Karate' School in the 60s and 70s in Japan with the over sized bell bottom karate' pants (he looked cool though).

Yes, that was Above the Law.