Barnes & Noble Nook discussion

Nook - The Technical Side > library book oddity (Nook Touch)

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by willaful, dedicated nookworm (new)

willaful | 414 comments Mod
I normally keep my Touch library on the "most recent" setting. Generally when I've opened a book, it will go to the first page of my library, as you'd expect. However, sometimes I'll load a library book and it will stay at the very end of my library, even after I've opened it. I'll often think I forgot to load it, when it was just at the end. Does that happen to anyone else?

message 2: by Laura (new)

Laura | 7 comments That has happened to me. I think the problem is the books are not loading correctly. When you open one of those books that show up at the end of your library then go to your home screen, does it say it's on page 1 of 1 (as if there is only one page in the book)? That would also mean it's not loaded correctly. Do you make sure to eject your nook before disconnecting the cord? I always did that but frequently my books weren't loading correctly. I had talked to a few people from Nook support about it and finally one said they thought it was my USB cable and sent me a new one (it was still under warranty). Since then I haven't had a problem.

message 3: by willaful, dedicated nookworm (new)

No, the books are fine otherwise.

message 4: by Laura (new)

Laura | 7 comments Just to clarify -- when my books loaded incorrectly and I checked the home screen which would show the book on page 1 of 1, it wasn't that only one page loaded -- the entire book was there. It wasn't showing up correctly on the home screen. Also, it didn't always hold my place in the book, depending how I reopened it. It often went back to the first page. Sometimes it didn't hold bookmarks. If none of those things are happening, it may be a different problem.

message 5: by willaful, dedicated nookworm (new)

I have had the problem with my place not being held, and once my bookmarks etc. got lost, but it's not connected to this issue, as far as I know.

message 6: by Joy (new)

Joy | 87 comments Only one time, did I have a problem with a book not showing up at all, not even the cover. but just the Title itself. so I wrote support, and they told me to try and archive the book, then pull it back out. It worked! try this next time, and see if it works for any of you