Writers and Readers discussion

Writers Corner > Writers Needed for a Survey on the 2012 Publishing Landscape

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michael (new)

Michael (michaeljsullivan) | 63 comments Some may be aware of a recent Taleist Survey for self-published authors. I was a bit disappointed that this only looked at a fraction of the publishing landscape (excludes big-six, small-press, and hybrid authors (those that both self and traditional publish).

So I'm trying to get input from a survey of my own. If you are an author - please help contribute to dataset by taking the survey at:

http://michaeljsullivan.polldaddy.com...

BTW: I will make the raw data (minus identifying information) available to any and all who want so that they can "slice/dice" the way they wish to.

message 2: by Paul (new)

Paul Jones (paulantonyjones) | 32 comments Done.

Looking forward to reading the results.

message 3: by Michael (new)

Michael (michaeljsullivan) | 63 comments Me too ;-)

message 4: by Saul (new)

Saul Tanpepper (undeadwriter) | 1 comments Thanks, Michael. Completed. Also fb'd. Hoping you get a good turnoput.

message 5: by Chris (new)

Chris Eboch (chriseboch) I completed the survey, but I feel like some of my answers won't add up. I don't have a separate "day job" -- all my income comes from what I consider writing-related activities. However, that includes a lot of income from teaching, giving workshops, and private critiques, especially last year, and you didn't have categories for that. Just FYI.

message 6: by Sherri (new)

Sherri Moorer (sherrithewriter) Done. Glad to help.

message 7: by Ali (new)

Ali | 24 comments tried to take it - but it was giving me problems and I quit it. I tried to enter money made from "day job" and it refused to take it no matter what form of the answer. It should not be in the same category as money made from publishing. Sorry.