Fallen (Fallen, #1) Fallen discussion

Is this a good series?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 93 (93 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Christy Is this a good series? I just wanted to know if these books are good? I have see where people are saying about it but I'm just wondering!

Is this book going be made into a movie or show?

Thanks!

Veronica It's enjoyable but eventually just starts dragging on. I basically just kept buying the books for the sake of cover love...

message 3: by Zoe (new) - rated it 4 stars

Zoe Tribley Its good in the beginning and the story line is decent though after a while, to me, the main character, Luce, just really started to bother me, and the way things happened and how they all fell into place... well it was an okay read.
hope this helped. :3

Christy Thanks both of y'all!

GoAskPerl They are not amazing, but not boring either. Not memorable, won't keep you up at night, but a just a nice distraction.

Veronica Most of the team I was just thinking "Why do they love each other?..." Nothing every really happens romantically and you never really learn anything from her past that explains why he fell in love with her so much. All we know is he saw her one day and just could not leave earth because of her.

And don't even get me started on "Passion"! There were so many plot inconsistencies and confusion...

Angel / YA rules!/ this is a series you can skip altogether... there are better books out there...

Lorena Jum... I read the first book and the second one and haven't been able to continue... it bores me, maybe one day I'll read the other ones but they're on hold right now, there are better books out there

Katrina Passick Lumsden Christy wrote: "Is this a good series? I just wanted to know if these books are good? I have see where people are saying about it but I'm just wondering!

Is this book going be made into a movie or show?

Thanks!"

It's melodramatic and redundant. I couldn't take any more after the second. It's not completely terrible, I mean, I've read worse, but it's really not a must read at all.

message 10: by Mary (new) - rated it 1 star

Mary noooooooo! don't let the premise and wonderful cover fool you! please its sooooooooooo NOT WORTH IT

Veronica this series started out well but then it got all mushy and lovey dovey to the point of annoyance.

Tina J I liked this series, even though I have to admit that Luce WILL get on your nerves the more you read! lol

Even though I say I liked this series, it's not a series I would pick up to read 'again'.
It's more of a time passer (if that makes sense)

And yes, it is being made into a movie!
It's being made by Disney!
That being said, I can't see the movie being that good if Disney is doing it. lol

Andrez I disliked the series

Mubashira Ahmed this series is so boring ......i want to bang my head for reading books like this....spoiled my reputation....spoiled my mood as well....

Christina In all honesty, these books aren't good. I read the first book, and I couldn't NOT finish the series, so I just kept reading. I wouldn't recommend these books to anyone.

message 16: by Kate (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kate I didn't like the first story. It was just too much like a lot of other YA stories I'd read around the same time.

But I'm really enjoying the series. I can't wait to read Rapture when it's released next week.

Samantha Nope. Hated book 1.

message 18: by Sule (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sule One of the best series ever!! No doubt :)

Ellen  E i really liked the first book but the second and third books not so much. i found it got a little boring and was hard to follow at times. but in saying that i have lent the series to a few friends that have absolutely loved it and the things that annoyed me didn't bother them. personally id maybe borrow the first one from a library or a friend before purchasing it just to be sure.

Christy Alright thanks everybody! Maybe I will just read the first one and see if i like it.. It does have a pretty cover. I will see if the library has it..

message 21: by Kari (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kari Clements I absolutely loved the series and cant wait til the next one comes out

Rachael Yaaay Kari haha finally someone on my page! Books are so personal to the reader I don't think you can ever take someone elses opinion to heart, although it never hurts to ask. I loved this series. The second book, however, was a drag BUT I still think a decent read. 'Passion' was my favourite. Even still 'Fallen' was a close second! I hope you get just as much enjoyment out of this series as I did and so many others. If not it just wasn't the series for you :)

Margarita I find the books confusing and not very action packed.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

i think it's an intriguing series. you'll love it if you'll give it a chance.

Margarita I'm not saying that the books sucked, just that the author doesn't give us much to work with. I guess that's what shes trying to do. Leave us clueless and wanting to find out the truth so that we'll go out and buy her books.

message 26: by Zoe (new) - rated it 4 stars

Zoe Tribley Margarita wrote: "I'm not saying that the books sucked, just that the author doesn't give us much to work with. I guess that's what shes trying to do. Leave us clueless and wanting to find out the truth so that we'l..."

I agree. Like the author, Lauren Kate, she just ... she could have put more thought into her writing. Though Christy if your looking for a series that is one of those constant page turners, stay up all night, hot nephilem and angels, well then you should read
Hush, Hush :3 in my opinion its a really good series. has more background information on the characters. and has really good conflicts. ^-^

message 27: by Angel / YA rules!/ (last edited Jun 08, 2012 06:51PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Angel / YA rules!/ Margarita wrote: "I'm not saying that the books sucked, just that the author doesn't give us much to work with. I guess that's what shes trying to do. Leave us clueless and wanting to find out the truth so that we'l..."

i liked the first book but then i couldn't finish the second... i just can't read it when all i want to do is strangle lucy... hehehe... but, if i have the time, and bored again, i just might finish the series... my sister loves the series though... so if not for her i won't be waiting for the fourth book... she made me promise to buy it... dang!

message 28: by Nikki (new) - rated it 1 star

Nikki This series is horrible! If you want a GREAT Fallen angel story read Hush Hush for sure:)

Christy Yeah I have read The first 2 Hush Hush books. I havent read the 3rd yet and then the Finale suppose to come sometime..

Nikkitaronins NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kristy When I first saw Fallen I wanted to read it and around the same time Hush Hush also came out. I thought Fallen would be the better series but I was wrong.

This series wants to make me knock my head up against a wall. Luce is the biggest idiot in the world. She is worse than Bella in twilight in my opinion.

The only reason I have read all three books so far is to see how its going to end. I will buy the final book but I don't know if I would read this authors other books.

If you want and angel story read HUSH HUSH. Such a better story over all.

message 32: by Zoe (new) - rated it 4 stars

Zoe Tribley Kristy wrote: "When I first saw Fallen I wanted to read it and around the same time Hush Hush also came out. I thought Fallen would be the better series but I was wrong.

This series wants to make me knock my hea..."

oh once you read the finale of Fallen tell me how it is u_u i just had to stop before i started like throwing the book. like from the most that i read, either to the third or to the second, i noticed how stupid Luce is. Like personally i don't know why the hell Luce and Daniel are supposedly in love. and if she loves him so much why the flip does she keep (1) NOT LISTENING TO HIM, and (B) JUST LEAVING HIM. ALL THE FLIPPING TIME WHEN HE'S TRYING TO KEEP HER ALIVE! Yeah she's worse then Bella because at least Bella and Edwards relationship grew through out the story, and I never saw Bella go on and leave all of a sudden through a portal/door thingy when Edward had just saved her flipping life. sighhh u_u

Jessie No. Just no.

Margarita Christy wrote: "Yeah I have read The first 2 Hush Hush books. I havent read the 3rd yet and then the Finale suppose to come sometime.."

You won't be disappointed!

Aneesa Veronica wrote: "It's enjoyable but eventually just starts dragging on. I basically just kept buying the books for the sake of cover love..."

Haha same

message 36: by Mary (new) - rated it 1 star

Mary Diane wrote: "Nooo! Whatever happens, DON'T LOOK AT THIS BOOK. Remember the cliche' "Looks can be deceiving'! You will do yourself a favor if you don't read this."

couldn't have been better said! and i can't believe they STOLE the girls work for the cover without crediting her

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

I read the first book,and it left me on edge and even thou I was sort of disappointed I have to finish the series.. im just like that

message 38: by Tara (new) - rated it 2 stars

Tara Zoe wrote: "Margarita wrote: "I'm not saying that the books sucked, just that the author doesn't give us much to work with. I guess that's what shes trying to do. Leave us clueless and wanting to find out the ..."

I agree, read Hush Hush instead!

message 39: by Cassidy (last edited Jun 11, 2012 07:44PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Cassidy It was okay. I got through the book but it didnt make me want to read the next one. Also after I finished the book I felt confused because the author didnt provide very much information... By the way Hush Hush is sooo much better, do not waste your time with Fallen if you can read Hush Hush.

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

OMG!!!! I LOVE THE HUSH HUSH SERIES,ANYBODY READING THIS SHOULD READ THAT SERIES!!!

message 41: by Mary (new) - rated it 2 stars

Mary The Fallen series is drop dead boring and not worth reading. But if you're looking for a book with angels in it I would reccomend Hush Hush or A Beautiful Dark.

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

isnt it Beautiful Darkness?

message 43: by Mary (new) - rated it 2 stars

Mary No it's A Beautiful Dark.

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

oh by who?

message 45: by Mary (last edited Jun 11, 2012 08:33PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Mary Jocelyn Davies. It is an amazing book.

Veronica Mary wrote: "Jocelyn Davies. It is an amazing book."

I loved that book! I liked the new take on angels :)

Patrícia Kelly a serie não é ruim, mas não é rápida ,quer dizer o livro funciona de forme lenta!!! mas os gatos e as aventuras do livro são ótimos!!!kkk'

Carolin The first book is a must read not so into the others as the first one.

Elizabeth THe first was OK, but I didn't like it enough to continue the series

Aneesa Nikki wrote: "This series is horrible! If you want a GREAT Fallen angel story read Hush Hush for sure:)"

I'll have to respectfully disagree
Fallen is waaaay better than Hush Hush but that' saying a a lot haha

« previous 1