What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Watch Below
This topic is about The Watch Below
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. People live for years in an air bubble on a sunken ship [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Shanna_redwind | 858 comments This was an odd science fiction, I think by Lester Del Rey, but I'm not sure. There were paralleling stories one about people on a sunken ship and one about aliens in some sort of failing space ship. I don't remember much about the alien storyline.

It may have been war time. A large ship sank, but there was an air bubble left in one of the holds. There was bean seeds and a bicycle generator and lots of light bulbs to make a sort of hydroponic system.

The people entertained themselves by acting out the books and movies that they could remember. They lived there long enough to have babies.

This was a really odd story and it's killing me not knowing what it is.

message 2: by Andy (last edited Jun 07, 2012 06:30PM) (new)

Andy Love | 2095 comments The Watch Below by James White http://sciencefictionruminations.word...

Shanna_redwind | 858 comments That's the book. I'm really surprised that it was written by James White. I really enjoyed his Sector General novels, so I guess that accounts for why I actually finished this very unusual story.

This is solved, if someone could move it for me. Thank you very much.

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1396 comments I'll move and shelve it. Thanks.