Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Harry Potter, #6) Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince discussion

JK is Voldemort

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Adam Stevenson In this book we learn about Horcruxes, where someone splits a part of their soul and buries it in an everyday object. The idea being that it is the height of evil to be prepared to break a soul in pieces in order to simply live forever - that to live whole is better than to live long.

However, a horcrux and the writing of a beloved novel seem to be very similar things. Each are every day objects with a piece of the creator's soul (painfully) housed in each.

Now I don't think JK or the act of writing are evil, but I wonder whether this similarity occurred to her.

Bad Wolf Probably not. It just strolled into her head, after all.

message 3: by Hai (new) - rated it 2 stars

Hai well, i actually think that writing a book is more about revealing part of one's soul, and putting it into words. where as a horcrux is an actual piece of that person's soul placed into an object.

also, to create a horcrux, you would first need to do an unspeakable deed, such as killing another human being, which rips your soul. then placing it into the object. does this mean you are accusing J.K. Rowling of murder?

FOR SHAME! She is a beloved children's author, and highly respected member of the community!

=)

Khalif I think she meant that it was a horcrux in a metaphorical sense. so, in a metephorical way, JK IS voldemort.

message 5: by Meagin (new) - added it

Meagin that s an interesting thought but youre probably just grasping at straws with that theory, i dont think she really thought that all the way out that people would insinuate that she was Voldemort but very clever idea

Badgerlord Hai wrote: "well, i actually think that writing a book is more about revealing part of one's soul, and putting it into words. where as a horcrux is an actual piece of that person's soul placed into an object.
..."

Well... Some very good characters did die at Rowling's hands.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Very true.

Sparrowlicious I don't agree at all.
This is like trying to analyze someone by looking at their writing. But things are never this easy.

message 9: by Meagin (new) - added it

Meagin thats very true too....you never know unless you ask the writer

message 10: by Shanna (last edited Jun 09, 2012 12:49AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Shanna doesn't one secrete horcruxes away because they are vunerable to destruction....? not tout them loudly on the world stage

Rodrigo she created voldemort , so i would say she has part of him in her ...

message 12: by Contessa (new)

Contessa Hai wrote: "well, i actually think that writing a book is more about revealing part of one's soul, and putting it into words. where as a horcrux is an actual piece of that person's soul placed into an object.
..."

I agree!

message 13: by Erin (new) - rated it 5 stars

Erin yeah but you have to kill someone to make a horcrux i highly doubt JKR killed smeone every time she wrote one of the books.

message 14: by Eva (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eva well her books do make her immortal, i wouldnt be surprised that in a 100 years harry potter is still popular!

message 15: by Mya (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mya JK is NOT Voldemort. How so? Because she is Harry Potter. When she wrote this her grandmother had recently died. So when she said Harry's parents were killed she was really talking about her grandmother. She wrote this book/books out of grief.

Shanna She said in an interveiw or doco that as a child she was a Hermione.

message 17: by Aena (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aena Erin wrote: "yeah but you have to kill someone to make a horcrux i highly doubt JKR killed smeone every time she wrote one of the books."

LOL true! xD

message 18: by Leah (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leah Interesting theory.... I do not agree, however.

Luna Belle Pris Intriguing theory! JK has said something about her fascination writing about death, and Voldemort is obsessed with achieving immortality, seeing death as a weakness. So in this way only I can see how she could have transferred her own traits into the character, along with the idea that the books give her immortality.

message 20: by Leon (new) - rated it 3 stars

Leon RE A lot of characters in Harry Potter probably do contain elements of JK Rowling. JKR does admit that she can understand some aspects of Voldemort's personality. She once said "I so understand why Voldemort wants to conquer death. We're all frightened of it."