Muggles on Magic discussion

Group Discussions > If someone said they hated Harry Potter books, what would you do?

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tiernan (new)

Tiernan (tiernannelson) I, personally, would die on the spot. Or, you know, I might do something more morbid...hehehe
What would you do???

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I would politely ask them why. What are their reasons? Have they even read the books?

message 3: by Tiernan (new)

Tiernan (tiernannelson) Hadley ・I LOVE HARRY POTTER!!!・ wrote: "I would politely ask them why. What are their reasons? Have they even read the books?"

You're so nice. I had a friend who read all the books, saw all the movies, and said she hated it all soooo much. I asked why, freaking out in the process. And her response was "Because" and walked away. I died that day. Luckily, I came back.

message 4: by Moni (new)

Moni | 50 comments ONE OF MY CLASSMATE DIDN'T LIKE THE HP BOOKS BECAUSE EVERYTHING IS IMAGINATION(FANTASY). SO THAT SHE DIDN'T READ THE BOOK ITSELF.
I SAID ,THIS IS THE REASON (FANTASY)WHY I LIKED THE BOOK.HEARING IT, SHE JUST SHIFTED THE TOPIC...:/

message 5: by Moni (new)

Moni | 50 comments IF ANYBODY HATES HP BOOKS, I WILL ASK FOR THE REASON,
AND THEN ACCORDING TO THEIR ANSWER, I WILL TRY TO PERSUADE THEM.
IF IT DIDN'T WORK,I WOULD SAY THEY R VERY UNLUCKY.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Tiernan wrote: "Hadley ・I LOVE HARRY POTTER!!!・ wrote: "I would politely ask them why. What are their reasons? Have they even read the books?"

You're so nice. I had a friend who read all the books, saw all the ..."

Now that is annoying ): I hate when people say that!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I would flip out and go on a rant about how amazing Harry potter is

message 8: by E (new)

E | 112 comments I would persuade them to hear out the summary, then pester said non-believer into reading book 1; if they still didn't like it, then I would accept that and pity them for missing so much.

message 9: by Pari {Ridhee} (new)

Pari {Ridhee} (ridhee) I would just shrug it off. Every one has their own views.

message 10: by Graham, HP enthusiast FREEK!!!!! (new)

Graham Haehnle  | 339 comments Mod
1. Have a small spaz atack!
2. Ask for there reasons.
3. Try to reason with them
4. Try to convince them otherwise!
5. Get nerd friends =D and have a full out HP show down to show them how cool it is.
6. If they are still in deep denial, assume they have fallen down the rabit hole or accept that people are different and can have different opinions of there own!
7. Pour bleach down there throat and quote HP the hole time do that they die hearing the greatest thing that ever happened! >:)

(Whas that to morbid?)

message 11: by Tiernan (new)

Tiernan (tiernannelson) Graham wrote: "1. Have a small spaz atack!
2. Ask for there reasons.
3. Try to reason with them
4. Try to convince them otherwise!
5. Get nerd friends =D and have a full out HP show down to show them how cool it ..."

graham, you are awesome
and no it is not too morbid >:)

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

ok i have been surrounded by harry potter my whole life i love it and when someone says they don't like it I'm bothered but when they only saw the movies then say they don't like it i get really mad. i mean if you only saw the movies then read the book i bet you'll change your mind and if you don't whats wrong with you!!!!!! harry potter is amazing its magical and wonderful!!!! who wouldn't love to be a wizard that zoo cool!! our fight some guy with no nose and you can't say his name !!!! its different and great and if you don't get that then you clearly have no passion because its good book its written great and has so much power in the way you think>the way she writes makes it seem like you were sucked into the book and are at Hogwarts. i lot harry potter everybody should

message 13: by Graham, HP enthusiast FREEK!!!!! (new)

i agree with "thegirlonfire39(clues)" on everything she said! same with what most of you have been saying! "Elizabeth" "Tiernan" etc...

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

sorry i wrote so much

message 15: by James (new)

James Luggen I would nail the creep's hands and feet to a brick wall and toss each book at them, in sequential order until they decided they enjoyed the books. I that wouldn't work, I'd give them a long lecture on their choices in life and why they probably won't survive in a Harry Potterless world. Then I'd nail them to the wall again and use hardcovers for the second go.
It worked on me, so why not?

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

omg thats is a great idea

message 17: by Graham, HP enthusiast FREEK!!!!! (new)

James wrote: "I would nail the creep's hands and feet to a brick wall and toss each book at them, in sequential order until they decided they enjoyed the books. I that wouldn't work, I'd give them a long lecture..."

hahahaha! thats great! was it Katy or Kara that did this to you? i want to give them a hug! =D

message 18: by Graham, HP enthusiast FREEK!!!!! (new)

=) herfle make me happy

message 19: by E (new)

E | 112 comments MMMMMMMwwwaaahahaha!!
ALL YOU HARRY-HATERS BETTER BE RE-THINKING YOUR VERDICTS IF YOU WANT TO KEEP YOUR VOCAL CORDS(GRAHAM) HANDS/FEET (THEGIRLONFIRE) YOUR FREE WILL (HERFEL)AND YOUR SANITY(ALL THE LECTURERS)
>:)

message 20: by Badgerlord (new)

Badgerlord | 2 comments I would probably ask them what was their favourite part. Just out of curiousity, of course.

message 21: by Graham, HP enthusiast FREEK!!!!! (new)

Elisa I love you! That is the kinde of teen mob mentality that I want! Not ...

Badgerlord wrote: "I would probably ask them what was their favourite part. Just out of curiousity, of course."

...Sigh :'(

Elisa =D
Badger lord :(

message 22: by Graham, HP enthusiast FREEK!!!!! (new)

Or life!!! >=)

message 23: by Graham, HP enthusiast FREEK!!!!! (new)

aggred

message 24: by Graham, HP enthusiast FREEK!!!!! (new)

yes...but it is best that we do not discuss it so openly! ;)

message 25: by E (new)

E | 112 comments Let's all get together and change the haters (the small herfel children) into believers! >:D
((enter evil laugh here))

message 26: by Fanzura (new)

Fanzura (peeves19) | 8 comments Hello guys! i am new here. i strangely feel like i am violating a secret society's privacy or something.. accept me you guys!! *begs and cries hysterically*

Anyway when someone tells me that they are Anti-HP i react with something like this
description

Nah just kidding but i sure feel like doing that!

message 27: by E (new)

E | 112 comments Haha! You are welcomed! Thats Just the right kind of answer!

message 28: by Graham, HP enthusiast FREEK!!!!! (new)

Hahahah! U da bomb Peeves! =D

message 29: by E (new)

E | 112 comments That GIF is causing me so much laughter as I watch it play over and over....!

Aiyana, A PotterWhoLockian Hi guys, I, like peeves, think I'm disturbing a secret society but...

I would punch them in the face, then tie them to the couch and watch all of them, and then if they still didn't like it, I'd tie them in the car and go on a long road trip and listen to all of them.

message 31: by E (new)

E | 112 comments agree!

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

My friend absolutely hates Harry Potter so whenever she decides to bash it I yell 'kreacher must not insult harry potter' so yea.

message 33: by Laura (new)

Laura Finnegan | 4 comments i have a friend who hates them >:( i get very mad we argue over it every so often haha but i cant get it to realise how amazing they are :( she dosent like stuff that isnt real life but ohh well her loss

message 34: by Iulia (new)

Iulia (iuliagotbooks) | 4 comments I'd ask them "Did you really read them... all?" If they said yes, well I'd just let it go and either not believe it, or I'd just think perhaps they're not used to long books, they don't have patience, maybe they haven't read another book in their whole life. Or maybe they're just haters or plain dumb people.

message 35: by Grey (new)

Grey (rainforestgreen) I would be unable to breathe for several seconds, then attempt to call them a filthy muggle. And show them the door.