The Hero of Ages (Mistborn, #3)
This topic is about The Hero of Ages
Mistborn > Hero of the Ages Part V-Trust and Epilogue

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maggie, The Malazan Queen of Chaos (new) - rated it 4 stars

Maggie K | 1202 comments Mod
Wowsie!

I got to hand it to Sanderson, with the twists that are really well set up but we do not see coming.

What did you think?

Traci The end made the series for me and the author. Love it. And yes, during my second read I did notice the subtle hints throughout. This was no Scooby Doo ending. Imo.

Heidi | 71 comments I thought the ending was beautiful. I almost cried a couple of times.

Traci I did cry. Lol. Even though I remembered what was coming.

Lord Nouda (nouda) The ending was amazing. (view spoiler)

Traci I thought that Sanderson really showed the beauty of sacrifice in a very satisfying way. Also I loved (view spoiler) The other aspect I very much loved was that in the end it's not any spell or weapon that saves the day but knowledge. You gotta love that.

message 7: by Maggie, The Malazan Queen of Chaos (new) - rated it 4 stars

Maggie K | 1202 comments Mod
Thats exactly it Tracey- it certainly changes up the 'typical' quest!

message 8: by Lord Nouda (last edited Jun 09, 2012 06:17AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lord Nouda (nouda) We'll probably see the aspects of the shards again. (view spoiler). After all, every one of his major books are interconnected in one universe albeit on different planets (not stated in the books themselves, but there's a forum on the internet built around this concept.) Sanderson himself confirmed it in an interview.

Suzanne | 212 comments I agree - the ending made the book. Both this and the last, the endings suprised me. I had no idea how things even *could* work out, and what happened made so much sense. And yet, I never expected it.

message 10: by Alan (new) - rated it 4 stars

Alan Duggan (dugie) | 1 comments Another fantastic read, Book 3 was a delight. Lots of questions were answered in this book as i expected due to this being the final book set in the age of Vin, Elend and the Crew.

Did i have an idea how it would end ? No

What i will say is that this has to be one the best endings to a book i have read, i could see the world in my head as clear as if i was there!

The setting, the colours and the faces of the people who must have been amazed and what they had just experienced (i know its not real). AWESOME!

One thing that i am still unsure of was when Vin destroyed herself and took ruin with her. To me this felt as if she had given up, happy to say that the world was doomed and she would happily sacrifice the chance of saving the populace to kill Ruin.

Or did i miss something ?

Did she know someone else could possibly take the power ? or did she indeed decide that the world was doomed ?

I have a feeling i missed something which would not be the first time...

4 Star book for me.