J.D. Robb discussion

Archives > How soon after the release of an In Death novel do you read it?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 13059 comments Mod
As hard as I've tried to resist, I find that I begin reading the new book within days of its release. With New York to Dallas (In Death, #33) by J.D. Robb ? I pre-ordered and downloaded at midnight:)

message 2: by Dee (new)

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 1070 comments I order mine from the library. As soon as I know there is a new book coming out I put a hold on it. When NY 2 D came out I knew I was going to be gone so I ordered it from Audiostand. I also had it reserved at the library. I got both a week after it came out. Ticked me off. I wanted it day one. Then I was disappointed in the story line. I missed all the regular characters.

message 3: by Jonetta (new)

I missed them, too, Dee.

message 4: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Michael This is one of the series that is on my 'auto buy/preorder' list. I get it the day it is released and at least start it the day I get it.

message 5: by Stacey (new)

Stacey | 45 comments I download audio and pick up book day it is released. I read first (generally finish by end of day 2) then I start to listen to the audio version.

message 6: by Jonetta (new)

Stacey wrote: "I download audio and pick up book day it is released. I read first (generally finish by end of day 2) then I start to listen to the audio version."

You do both? Is that so you don't have to stop?

message 7: by Sara ♥ (new)

Sara ♥ (saranicole) | 1038 comments I request them from the library as soon as they pop up in the catalog and get them as soon as I can... I don't have a very big book budget right now... :(

message 8: by Stacey (new)

Stacey | 45 comments Jonetta, Actually no I never thought of that. I read the book within the first 2 - 3 days, then I listen. I like to read it first. Now you have planted an idea... I may have to try that on the next story!

message 9: by Dee (new)

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 1070 comments I have noticed if I read the book I actually catch a lot more than when I listen to the audio. I just can't sit and listen to a book. I have to be doing something else.