Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Questions > Mentors?

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

╟ ♫ Tima ♪ ╣ ♥ (tsunanisaurus) | 66 comments Please, redirect me if this is the incorrect location for this topic. I looked everything over in this group and thought this would be the best location. If it belongs in another group/discussion/world, please give me a swift boot and send me on my way ;)

I'm a newly minted librarian here on GR (Not a new member by any means though!) and I want to get off on the right foot with the seasoned group of librarians. I've started with little things; adjusting page counts and publishing dates of book I physically own and am familiar with and wandered into Listopia to help keep the lists accurate and wonderful.

My question is, does anyone have interest in taking me under their wing and showing me some ropes? IE: If you are currently working on a project [disambiguating authors, ISBN corrections, quotes, trivia, etc.] and would be willing to let me help you? Possibly let me work on a small section and checking a few of my edits afterwards to ensure I understand properly?

I want to expand into being comfortable helping in more areas and would greatly appreciate anyone who may be available for some short-term one-on-one mentoring?

Again, if I've landed in the wrong spot, I apologize and if someone could kindly link me to the correct group; I'll happy flip over to it.

Thanks all :)

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 43570 comments Mod
This is a perfectly fine place to post this. :)