iWrite discussion

YouWrite > Description Help!

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica (new)

Jessica I think there are times when we all have difficulty describing something so it sounds the way we see it in our heads. This is a place for that, I think. Lets help each other out, especially us the ones new to writing.

I am having issues with a fairy tale like setting. It's a round clearing with a huge old oak tree in the middle. Every kind of flower is in bloom. There is a clear view of the sky from fallen trees that form natural benches.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

It also bugs me..... WHY OH WHY!!!
Anyways,
The green plains hug every beautiful kind of flower in existence was in harmony. It was like a halo that surround a huge single tree that stood burly and strong in the middle of all the commotion of other fallen trees which made sturdy benches.

Is it ok?

message 3: by Jessica (new)

Jessica That's good but maybe we should add color?!?!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay.....

message 5: by Jessica (new)

Jessica I can never describe flowers good enough

message 6: by Brooklyn (new)

Brooklyn (thebridge) idk, but it made me think of a queen's court, like, the oak is the queen surrounded by courtiers, or whoever, and the sky is stretching overhead like a canopy.

message 7: by Alice (new)

Alice (cimmerian) Erylla Beatrish *Rowlingontheriver!* Ohime-sama wrote: "It also bugs me..... WHY OH WHY!!!
Anyways,
The green plains hug every beautiful kind of flower in existence was in harmony. It was like a halo that surround a huge single tree that stood burly an..."

That is just brilliantly written :)

message 8: by Adeline (new)

Adeline | 7 comments The sweet trees seemed to be lollipops. Unicorns played among the bushes made from soft, pink candies. Everyone ignored to dark castle behing the plush princess castle. The sun was so bright and welcoming. The bridge over the bright blue lake was made of pink ice. The ugly troll with bright blue hair stayed saftely hidden under it. The grass here never died. This world welcome everyone.