Supernatural Fiction Readers discussion

Non-SFR group Authors/Works > A Toast of Dandelion Wine: Rest in Peace Ray Bradbury

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pamela (last edited Jun 06, 2012 03:16PM) (new)

Pamela | 207 comments I'm surprised no one posted about this yet: Ray Bradbury passed away earlier today. This is one of the authors who inspired me to be a writer and I am happy at least I met him a few times years ago when lived in California and did the conventions out there. I still have his books and can reread and reread them over and over. He has always entertained me since I was in middle school.

I plan to reread some of his works this summer and watch Something Wicked This Way Comes that I own on DVD as a homage.

message 2: by Werner (new)

Werner | 1805 comments Ray Bradbury was one of my favorite authors (though I still haven't read all of his work), and has been for a long time. Although he was mostly identified with science fiction, he wrote some outstanding supernatural fiction as well ("Homecoming" is a masterpiece). He'll be sorely missed; but in a career as an author that spanned most of a century (he started quite young), he left a towering legacy that few contemporary writers in any genre have matched. R.I.P., indeed!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 295 comments Very sad news. I agree with Werner about his legacy.

message 4: by John (new)

John Karr (karr) | 64 comments R.I.P. Ray, great storyteller and a motivational friend to writers.

message 5: by Becca (new)

Becca (goblinfan) | 198 comments I can't believe I didn't hear about this until just now. So sad that a great writer passed away, and there's barely a blurb over it in the news.

message 6: by Becca (new)

Becca (goblinfan) | 198 comments He even won an award during the Scream awards on Spike in 2010.

message 7: by Charles (new)

Charles (kainja) | 85 comments I realized just today I still have a little bit of Ray Bradbury around here that I haven't yet read. Guess I'll dole it out very slowly since there won't be any more.