Time Travel discussion

A Sound of Thunder and Other Stories
Time Travel Books > A Sound of Thunder and other Stories - Ray Bradbury

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tej (new) - added it

Tej (theycallmemrglass) | 1725 comments Mod
Most of you might have heard by now that the great Ray Bradbury has passed away at age 91 today.

His legacy is much written about elsewhere but I just thought I mention that one of his short stories was called A Sound of Thunder. It is the first story to literally introduce the concept of "The Butterfly Effect" though not the first to actually coin the phrase.

A Sound of Thunder and Other Stories by Ray Bradbury A Sound of Thunder and Other Stories

message 2: by Amy, Queen of Time (new)

Amy | 2210 comments Mod
Thanks for linking this. You beat me to it. There was a movie based on this as well. The movie version doesn't seem to have very good ratings. Did anyone watch it?

message 3: by Paul (new)

Paul Jones (paulantonyjones) | 32 comments Amy wrote: "Thanks for linking this. You beat me to it. There was a movie based on this as well. The movie version doesn't seem to have very good ratings. Did anyone watch it?"

I have it on DVD. It was not that bad, but I honestly can't remember much about it (other than I enjoyed the first half of it), so it couldn't have been that good either.

P.

message 4: by John, Moderator in Memory (last edited Jun 11, 2012 09:37AM) (new)

John | 834 comments Mod
If you are talking about the movie "The Butterfly Effect" starring Ashton Kutcher, it is one of my all time favorites. Although I will say that the theatrical release was better. The DVD offers an alternate ending that I did not care for.

message 5: by John, Moderator in Memory (new)

John | 834 comments Mod
Never mind. I should have searched IMDB before I posted. I have not seen the 2006 movie "Sound of Thunder" but now that I've read the synopsis I will definitely watch for it.

message 6: by Tej (last edited Jun 11, 2012 06:17AM) (new) - added it

Tej (theycallmemrglass) | 1725 comments Mod
There is an episode from a Canadian TV production called Ray Bradbury Theatre which is apparently much better than the cinema release. In fact the whole series sounds brilliant, each episode based on a Ray Bradybury story and scores a high rating on Amazon and IMDB. Never knew of this series and I dont think it was ever shown in UK but I see its on the DVD (for me as an import). Placing my order now :)

Someone has put the episode on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkLT57...