Heroes of Olympus discussion

Questions/Comments/Suggestions

Comments Showing 1-50 of 54 (54 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Got any questions? Isabelle and I will try to answer as soon as possible!

message 2: by Percyfreak- (new)

Percyfreak- (coltofpersonallity) | 163 comments can i be a moderator

message 3: by Isabelle *the face behind the crazy*, The Mark of Athena :3... I can destroy the world YAYYY!!!!- O_O (new)

Isabelle *the face behind the crazy* (bookmaniac1) | 6386 comments Mod
Oh of course, I'd love to :) Ok so the thing with Pandora is it all started from an Greek Myth. Promutus (I'm too lazy to spell check his name but he's the dude that gave Percy Pandoras Jar) He originally created humans from clay (because you know, someone has to worship the gods, what's the fun without all the glory ;)) Then he gave them the gift of fire, which lead to all kinds of creation and stuff (fire=Warmth, food, ex. So you'd kinda figure it'd help) Well Zeus was very... Unhappy when the P dude did this. For revenge he first chained that dude to a rock to be eaten by seagulls (...Last time I feed a seagull frechfries....) And then he for more revenge they gave his brother a supposedly perfect bride. (Ooooo and both are gods... The P dude and his brother... Hehe P dude...That outburst seemed random... Well in case you didn't know... I'll stop talking) And the perfect bride was... (drum roll....) PANDORA. One bad thing about her, her curiosity. And this is why. The gods gave her this box (Lame gift... Oh oh wait no I take that bad HORRIBLE GIFT!) which had like everything bad in it, disease, death, ex. (Random smiley face pops in :D... Morbidness...) The only good thing in there was hope (Hope: TAKE THAT SUCKAS!) Well Pandora didnt know about all the bad stuff in there, just that these was a box, that she couldn't open (THE TORTURE!!!! *starts temper tantrum*
Parents:.....?)
And you know that expression: Curiousity killed the cat
Pandora = Cat... Wait no humans = cat (deaths was unleashed so...)
So you've probably already figured out she opened the box thanks to my helpful hint :D (....) And she unleashed like everything in there
(Humans: -.-
Pandora: *trollface*)
Except (SOMEONE GIVE ME A DRUMROLL THIS TIME!!!)
Hope!! :D Hope never goes out of the jar... Box (Dont really remember the reason why it was called a jar... Maybe to fit ancient Greek preferences... Yeah I'll get the book to double check) So the present tense story of Percy Jackson shows that hope is still inside there when the P dude offers it to him. The way to say that Percy is like done is for him to release hope or 'Give up hope' (Hehe meanings...) The jar followed him everywhere where he would be weak cause the jars original purpose is to drive someone into opening it, so it appears when someone is weak. When Percy sees something like his own parents asleep during this terrible war, all in the danger zone because they were trying to save him, well it would kinda dampen his mood (Yeah.. That's the right way to put it *sarcasum*) He gave it to Hestia as she is the goddess of the home. She's the Last Olympian, the one that keeps the fire going on at home when everyone's gone off to war, she's the one that will always be there to help you back up and give you comfort (kinda like your actually home if you think about it) When at home, there's always hope, therefore with Hestia, there is always home (If that makes sense)

message 4: by Isabelle *the face behind the crazy*, The Mark of Athena :3... I can destroy the world YAYYY!!!!- O_O (new)

Percyfreak wrote: "can i be a moderator"

Ill think about it a bit later ok? Me and Asmaa seem to have the group under control but maybe in the future when we get a bit bigger, sure :)

message 5: by Isabelle *the face behind the crazy*, The Mark of Athena :3... I can destroy the world YAYYY!!!!- O_O (new)

Isabelle *the face behind the crazy* wrote: "Oh of course, I'd love to :) Ok so the thing with Pandora is it all started from an Greek Myth. Promutus (I'm too lazy to spell check his name but he's the dude that gave Percy Pandoras Jar) He ori..."

I hope my ramblings on the myth made sense....

message 6: by Isabelle *the face behind the crazy*, The Mark of Athena :3... I can destroy the world YAYYY!!!!- O_O (new)

Hehe thanks :) And np :)

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Pandora's pithos.... Remember? As Prometheus so wisely pointed out....

message 8: by Isabelle *the face behind the crazy*, The Mark of Athena :3... I can destroy the world YAYYY!!!!- O_O (new)

AHHH I have forgotten... He must have been so wise he put me to sleep... xD

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

XD
He was more like...sleazy.

message 10: by Isabelle *the face behind the crazy*, The Mark of Athena :3... I can destroy the world YAYYY!!!!- O_O (new)

XD
Exactly, you see the reason why I fell asleep :3

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Lol
Sleazy characters interest me ;)

message 12: by Isabelle *the face behind the crazy*, The Mark of Athena :3... I can destroy the world YAYYY!!!!- O_O (new)

xD Asmaa I never knew this about you

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

What?! *innocent smile* they're fun to read about!

message 14: by Isabelle *the face behind the crazy*, The Mark of Athena :3... I can destroy the world YAYYY!!!!- O_O (new)

xDDDD I suppose...

message 15: by Isabelle *the face behind the crazy*, The Mark of Athena :3... I can destroy the world YAYYY!!!!- O_O (new)

Sure!

message 16: by Isabelle *the face behind the crazy*, The Mark of Athena :3... I can destroy the world YAYYY!!!!- O_O (new)

Made =D

message 17: by Isabelle *the face behind the crazy*, The Mark of Athena :3... I can destroy the world YAYYY!!!!- O_O (new)

No problem :)

message 18: by FreshKicks (new)

FreshKicks | 88 comments ok in the heros of olympus series i kno the third book is going to be of them going to rome but what about the fourth book? what's gonna happen in that? they go to greece? because i kno there are gonna be 5 books in this series (EEEEK! 49 more days until mark of athena comes out!!!!)

message 19: by Isabelle *the face behind the crazy*, The Mark of Athena :3... I can destroy the world YAYYY!!!!- O_O (new)

OMG!!!!!!! Sorry excitement over countdown and me no know... but I do know uncle Rick has a plan... and an awesome one at that :3

message 20: by FreshKicks (new)

FreshKicks | 88 comments oh and one more question....how old is nico in son of neptune? bcuz he acts older than hazel and even percy?! was bcuz percy slept that he didn't age or what? in the last book nico was only like 12 or 13?! i'm confused!!!

message 21: by Isabelle *the face behind the crazy*, The Mark of Athena :3... I can destroy the world YAYYY!!!!- O_O (new)

Well you know after Bianacas death he started to act older right? I think maybe he's about um... Yeah 12 or 13. Percy probably still aged when he was asleep though, I don't think Hera would like randomly stop his aging partly because... Whyyyyy????? She already put him to sleep for months and tok his memory, if she stopped his aging she's gonna have a group of angry fangirls charging Olympus

message 22: by FreshKicks (new)

FreshKicks | 88 comments haha thnx! :)

message 23: by Isabelle *the face behind the crazy*, The Mark of Athena :3... I can destroy the world YAYYY!!!!- O_O (new)

:) No problem at all *bows* I hope my weird answer help :)

message 24: by regan (new)

regan | 1658 comments Am I allowed to put up a poll? ~:)

message 25: by Isabelle *the face behind the crazy*, The Mark of Athena :3... I can destroy the world YAYYY!!!!- O_O (new)

Hummmmmmm... Sure ^-^ What's it about?

message 26: by regan (new)

regan | 1658 comments Well the question was: Who do you think Leo will end up with? Then the answers. :)

message 27: by Isabelle *the face behind the crazy*, The Mark of Athena :3... I can destroy the world YAYYY!!!!- O_O (new)

Hum ok go ahead! ^-^

message 28: by regan (new)

regan | 1658 comments Yay! Thanksies!!!

message 29: by Isabelle *the face behind the crazy*, The Mark of Athena :3... I can destroy the world YAYYY!!!!- O_O (new)

No problem! ^-^

message 30: by regan (new)

regan | 1658 comments Gahhh! I clicked make a poll and it said I didn't have permission. *shrugs* oh well!

message 31: by Isabelle *the face behind the crazy*, The Mark of Athena :3... I can destroy the world YAYYY!!!!- O_O (new)

Ahhh I must have the members can't put polls up thingy clicked, I must have did that went trolls got on the group and kept breaking rules -.- Hum.... I'l take the rule off for a bit so you can put the poll up ok?

message 32: by regan (new)

regan | 1658 comments K! Thank you again! :)

message 33: by Isabelle *the face behind the crazy*, The Mark of Athena :3... I can destroy the world YAYYY!!!!- O_O (new)

No problem! ^-^

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Am I the only one who ships Leo and Echo? Couple name is LeoLeo. We need to put this ship under couples.XD

message 35: by Savannah (new)

Savannah | 2093 comments LeoLeo hahahah awesome!!! XD

message 36: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (chloe_tsui) | 40 comments Quick question where can I post my sort of big-ish rant about MoA? I sort of I guess "let it all out" <3

message 37: by Isabelle *the face behind the crazy*, The Mark of Athena :3... I can destroy the world YAYYY!!!!- O_O (new)

Emily wrote: "Am I the only one who ships Leo and Echo? Couple name is LeoLeo. We need to put this ship under couples.XD"

AHHH OMG someone feels the same way as me :3, I'll put it in tomorrow alright?

message 38: by Isabelle *the face behind the crazy*, The Mark of Athena :3... I can destroy the world YAYYY!!!!- O_O (last edited Oct 16, 2012 06:56PM) (new)

Chloe wrote: "Quick question where can I post my sort of big-ish rant about MoA? I sort of I guess "let it all out" <3"

Ummmmmm well there's a book topic in which you can do that in, lrgit called the mark of athena and such. Go ahead and share your pain bro, just make sure it's not too explody you know?

message 39: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (chloe_tsui) | 40 comments Isabelle *the face behind the crazy* wrote: "Chloe wrote: "Quick question where can I post my sort of big-ish rant about MoA? I sort of I guess "let it all out"

Ummmmmm well there's a book topic in which you can do that in, lrgit called the..."

I'll try <3 thanks

message 40: by Isabelle *the face behind the crazy*, The Mark of Athena :3... I can destroy the world YAYYY!!!!- O_O (new)

No problem ^-^

message 41: by Binali (new)

Binali (bookbutterfly_wormsaresolastyear) | 576 comments hey isabelle and/or asmaa whoever wants to answer this i know we have a MoA topic thing but can we have a my MoA reaction topic like about how much the end ruined our life??????

Rachel (I love music) (mistyjones02) | 100 comments No Spoiler!!! I haven't finished it yet!!!

message 43: by Binali (new)

Binali (bookbutterfly_wormsaresolastyear) | 576 comments it wouldent have spolier just suicidal and murderious thought towards a certain troll

message 44: by Nikki (new)

Nikki | 244 comments I don't own this!! All rights came from original owner who said to repost so here it goes

A poem about Child Abuse. Unknown Author. Revised by me.

My name is Chris ,
I am three,
My eyes are swollen..
I cannot see.

I must be stupid,
I must be bad,
What else could have made,
My daddy so mad?

I wish I were better,
I wish I weren't ugly,
Then maybe my Mommy,
Would still want to hug me.

I can't do a wrong,
I can't speak at all,
Or else I'm locked up,
All day long.

When I'm awake,
I'm all alone,
The house is dark,
My folks aren't home.

When my Mom does come home,
I'll try and be nice,
So maybe I'll just get,
One whipping tonight.

I just heard a car,
My daddy is back,
From Charlie's bar

I hear him curse,
My name is called,
I press myself,
Against the wall.

I try to hide,
From his evil eyes,
I'm so afraid now,
I'm starting to cry.

He finds me weeping,
Calls me ugly words,
He says it's my fault,
He suffers at work.

He slaps and hits me,
And yells at me more,
I finally get free,
And run to the door.

He's already locked it,
And I start to bawl,
He takes me and throws me,
Against the hard wall.

I fall to the floor,
With my bones nearly broken,
And my daddy continues,
With more bad words spoken.

“I'm sorry!” I scream,
But it's now much to late,
His face has been twisted,
Into a unimaginable shape.

The hurt and the pain,
Again and again,
Oh please God, have mercy!
Oh please let it end!

And he finally stops,
And heads for the door,
While I lay there motionless,
Sprawled on the floor.

My name is Chris ,
I am three,
Tonight my daddy,
Murdered me.

And you can help,
Sickens me to the soul,
If you read this,
And don't pass it on.

I pray for your forgiveness,
You would have to be,
One heartless person,
Not to be affected,
By this Poem.

And because you ARE affected,
Do something about it!
So all I ask you to do,
Is pass this on!

Child Abuse Is Cruel. Let's stop it!

If you are reading this, pass it on. Copy and Paste it and make it YOUR story. Just five minutes. That's all it'll take. Maybe less. C'mon guys, let's do this.

And we will,
—Kyd

message 45: by beth (new)

beth (beth01) Can we make a Perico couple thread? PWETTY PWEASE!!!

message 46: by Victoria (new)

Victoria  | 421 comments Oh gods, Beth...

message 47: by beth (new)

beth (beth01) What? PERICO FOREVER!!!!!!!

message 48: by Kieran (new)

Kieran (KdwLaws) | 1 comments No no... percabeth and caleo!!!

message 49: by Victoria (new)

Victoria  | 421 comments No, no PERICO forever!

message 50: by beth (new)

beth (beth01) Yes!! PERICO FOREVER!!!!!!!!!

« previous 1