Divergent (Divergent, #1) Divergent question

What faction do you think is better for you?
Mari Mari Jun 06, 2012 08:50AM
It'a a question I think is very difficult!
I don't know what faction's better for me, but perhaps you know it!
I'm SO curious! Perhaps I'll be able to found my faction:3
THANK YOU!

Natalia (last edited Jun 08, 2012 01:44PM ) Jun 08, 2012 01:42PM   0 votes
I have asked myself this question SO many times! I have even discussed this topic with my friends who have read Divergent. These are the answers that I have gotten/decided upon.
Me: Erudite (I am really smart and I <3 learning)
Friends: Abnegation (they always say I think of them before myself)
or
Amity (apparently I am very nice and like to make things peaceful)

So I guess I am Divergent, and I took some quizzes online too and every one said I was Divergent (and I am saying this personally, not to be special or anything) but I think I would choose Erudite, I love learning too much!!!

But...I could never be Candor, I could not tell the truth all the time, especially if it hurts people's feelings, and I could never be Dauntless: a.) I am NOT brave and b.) I could never hit someone

Menna you wouldn't hit someone even if they got you really maad?! i know i would ...more
Jun 27, 2012 12:21PM · flag

I'm 100% completely, TOTALLY Erudite. I can't be Dauntless because I'm soooo not a daredevil, I'm too easily angered to be Amity, not nearly truthful enough to be Candor, and way too selfish and materialistic to be Abnegation.

Well we all would consider ourselves divergents because we live in a society where "divergence" is encouraged. When I was considering my faction I thought first of who I am but also what my family is like. Most people stay with the faction they're born into, as it's the only life they've ever known.
I ultimately chose Erudite, but I think I could be a Dauntless transfer too.

Julia (last edited Jun 17, 2012 09:28PM ) Jun 17, 2012 09:27PM   0 votes
Yeah I keep getting Divergent on quizes. Which I know is very unrealistic since most people aren't. On the website it was the most common one though!

I think that I would fit into most of the factions, like most people probably would, but if I had to choose one it would definitely be AMITY because now that I am half way through Insurgent I realize I like their lifestyle the best.

Menna actually me too, i really wanted to hit amity when they drugged Tris but it was kind of funny how she acted i kept laughing...
Jun 27, 2012 12:25PM · flag

If I got to choose I would be amity. But this question is kind of unrealistic in this world. We don't have factions so we are used to being a bunch of different things. So most people would be divergent. Here is mine:

Amity: I would always want to be peaceful.
Erudite: Im smart and everything has a logical explanation

I guess Erudite although I would like to be Dauntless, they have the most fun..;)

Candor! I knew that's what I'd be based off my personality and then I took the quiz and got Candor as well. :3

I'd definitely be Dauntless, because I love heights and things that make my heart race. I definitely would fit right in (:

deleted member Jun 09, 2012 09:45PM   0 votes
I wanna join dauntless but i think erudite is the best for me. There,i will keep my reading hobby and my dream is to be an engineer so yeah

Amity is pretty good! Although, I would also like Erudite but I don't like how selfish the are, but I couldn't be Abnegation either. Nor could I be Candor because I couldn't tell someone they looked horrible(even if they did), I would say they looked "nice" or "ok". Which leads me back to peacefulness(Amity)... I think Amity for me!

On one quiz I took, I was stuck on one answer so I redid but choosing my other option. The first time I ended up in Dauntless, and the second in Amity. It strangely fits because I have the somewhatb laid-back and artistic traits of Amity, but also the agressive and brave traits of Dauntless...

I would probably choose Dauntless to have chocolate cake (and to learn to face my fears and play with paintball guns)

Dani (last edited Jun 18, 2012 07:34AM ) Jun 06, 2012 10:07AM   0 votes
Mine is almost definitely Amity :) I prefer peacefulness.
Although...I think I could be Candor, because I rarely find myself thinking offensive things about others, so my main obligations would be complimenting people xD

I think I would choose Erudite because I like to learn and I think it's where I would fit in the most because a) I am not brave enough to be Dauntless, b) I'm not good at being totally honest all the time for Candor, c) I don't think I'm selfless enough to be Abnegation, and d) I like the idea of peacefulness and kindness but I'm not very nice sometimes. Lol xD So yeah that's why I'd choose Erudite.

Menna (last edited Jun 27, 2012 12:20PM ) Jun 08, 2012 01:11PM   0 votes
i would choose Dauntless, strange that i took the test and got dauntless even though i'm not brave enough to even ride a roller coster that flips you upside-down.
but i love the idea of Dauntless

i took the quiz and i got erudite. i think it suits me because i am very smart

where could you guys get that quiz? i couldnt find it

Aria (last edited Jun 07, 2012 01:57PM ) Jun 07, 2012 01:55PM   -1 votes
For some reason I'm Divergent like Tris... exactly like her and I took the test on the back of the paperback before reading it went something like this,

Friend: You do know you skipped some answers?
Me: I didn't have an answer
Friend: Ok Tris
Me: Who's That?

And I chose Dauntless because I dont feel like studying all the time and I'm too selfish to be Abnegation so it was either freedom or factionlessness.