Travel Literature Makes My Heart Beat Faster.. discussion

That Bear Ate My Pants!: Will Boy Become Man? Or Will Boy Become Breakfast...
This topic is about That Bear Ate My Pants!
Hi from the new guy!

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Tony Slater (tonyjamesslater) | 2 comments Hi folks! I'm new here and looking forward to hanging out a bit. But if it bothers anyone, I'll try to stop anything hanging out that shouldn't be. I have been known to have issues in that department...
I'm a keen reader of travel books, especially the comedy variety, and am trying to be a travel writer as well. Sigh! Aren't we all?
I'm 33, an English bloke, currently living in Perth, Australia, where I emigrated in December after spending the last 7 years bouncing around he world. (That's a lot more painful than it sounds, as most of the world is quite hard to land on).

Oh, and I'm married to a stunning Aussie girl called (imaginatively enough) Roo. She has hair dyed in all colours of the rainbow... and consequently is having fun finding work... :0)

I have one book out, a crazy travel comedy called ‘That Bear Ate My Pants!’, based on my adventures whilst volunteering in an animal refuge in Ecuador. I’m currently working on a sequel, about the year I spent in Thailand, which may – or may not – end up being called ‘That’s Not My Monkey!’.

I love to read - far more than I love to write! - and I love to travel. Things I hate: stopping reading, stopping travelling, stopping drinking - and getting out of bed. Especially if I'm reading and/or drinking in there...
I'm also absurd. Well, if that's grammatically possible?
Okay. I'm an idiot. That'll do :0)
Looking forward to meeting you all!
Tony

message 2: by Priti (new)

Priti Tony wrote: "Hi folks! I'm new here and looking forward to hanging out a bit. But if it bothers anyone, I'll try to stop anything hanging out that shouldn't be. I have been known to have issues in that departme..."

Hi Tony, I liked your intro. Interesting & Funny.
See you around and welcome :)

Tony Slater (tonyjamesslater) | 2 comments Ha! Thanks Priti! I'm sure we'll bump into each other :0)
Tony