Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Questions > Wrong book being sold on all sites except Amazon.com

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mary (new)

Mary Forbes | 8 comments I notice that the ISBN #, the Cover and the Publisher of One Dance with a Stranger are all still listed as Authorhouse's book on all sites except Amazon.com and Kindle - and include Amazon.ca and Barnes & Noble with the wrong book.
I cancelled Authorhouse over a year ago and have a new edition self-published through Create Space.
As people can only buy this on Amazon.com I desperately need help to straighten this out. Thanks for your help.

message 2: by Michael (new)

Michael | 262 comments Hi Mary

Both publications of your book: are listed on
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/work/edition...

As you will hopefully have sold copies via the original publcation (3 ratings listed), those readers will presumably want the original data for their shelved edition.

Goodreads policy is to retain details of all editions of a book. Remember, this is a book listing site, not a sales site :-)

message 3: by Michael (new)

Michael | 262 comments I've obtained a copy of the cover for your book from your website and added it to the Createspace edition. Please check it out to ensure that it's correct.

If not, please post a link to the correct image (or preferably upload one to the Photos section of your Goodreads profile) and I will add the correct cover.

message 4: by Mary (new)

Mary Forbes | 8 comments Thanks Michael. They are both the new/same editions and now I've sent a different e-mail because in trying to combine them I combined Hawk's Gift and One Dance with a Stranger and can't reverse it without a librarian. I will contact Create Space who does the distribution and see if they can help in the on-line bookstore error department.

message 5: by Amara (new)

Amara Tanith (aftanith) I've separated them for you, Mary. :)

message 6: by Mary (new)

Mary Forbes | 8 comments Thank you Amara. Sorry for doing that - it's what happens when I rush. I went and checked both then said combine. :-)