Random Ramblings discussion

Members > Braces!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 78 (78 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Fran (new)

Fran (franswims) | 3422 comments Hey everyone! So, I'm getting braces next Thursday and I'm really nervous. Does anyone have braces? Did they hurt getting put on and stuff?

message 2: by Khalif (new)

Khalif my sister has them. she says that at first they kind of hurt, but the pain slowly releives itself. and that it only hurts when you try to eat hard things, espicially after you get your brackets tightened. you should also try and move your mouth alot, just to get the pain to go away.

I fell ya, Frances. I have to get them soon. that's why I'm storing up on candy for the long winter ahead.

message 3: by Fran (new)

Fran (franswims) | 3422 comments Haha, thanks Khali! I'm going to have to keep chewing gum. I love gum.

message 4: by Khalif (new)

Khalif I know. I'm addicted to gum.

message 5: by Fran (new)

Fran (franswims) | 3422 comments WHat kind? I like 5 gum.

message 6: by Khalif (new)

Khalif anykind. so long as its fruity and I can make bubbles with it.

message 7: by Khalif (new)

Khalif hey, what's it like to chew 5 gum?:)

message 8: by Fran (new)

Fran (franswims) | 3422 comments XD Minty! haha. I like all gum. I like cracking my gum.

message 9: by Robin (new)

Robin | 5442 comments I have braces. I think it's different for everyone depending on what they're fixing. For me, mine never hurt. They did maybe the first week I had them on, but if you eat soft foods and take like, Advil, you're fine.

message 10: by Rashae (new)

Rashae I have braces! I like them a lot and it spices up your smile. It didn't hurt that bad and they are kinda fun.

message 11: by Fran (new)

Fran (franswims) | 3422 comments Okay, now I just need to figure out what color I want!

message 12: by Gabby (new)

Gabby (Gabby123) | 853 comments I have braces. I don't exactly LIKE them, since it kinda sucks when food gets caught in them, but they've made my teeth nice and straight and I'm really excited to get them off after the holidays :D

(That's in less time than for you guys in the states - rather than a huge summer holiday, we have blocks of holidays spread through the weeks, with four terms of school in between.

There's usually two or three weeks of holidays in between 10 or so week terms, with 8 weeks at christmas time, starting at the beginning of December)

So basically I'm getting mine off in about 4-5 weeks :D

message 13: by Gabby (new)

Gabby (Gabby123) | 853 comments Also, braces aren't too bad. They ache a bit for the first week or so and then for the same amount of time after every adjustment. But for that all you have to do is make sure you eat softer foods and you'll be fine

(oh, and don't eat really hard or chewy lollies/candy - you might break a bracket off and that gets annoying.)

message 14: by Becky, AwesomeOne (new)

Becky (MissFooFoo) | 4249 comments Mod
I don't have braces! and won't have to get them!

message 15: by Fran (new)

Fran (franswims) | 3422 comments I have them, they hurt for the first week but now they're fine. I hate getting food caught in them when I'm not home because I can't pick it out until I get home or go to the bathroom! I get mine off in a little over a year.

message 16: by Fran (new)

Fran (franswims) | 3422 comments I broke a bracket within 3 days of getting them, I have no idea how though!

message 17: by Gabby (new)

Gabby (Gabby123) | 853 comments I got mine off today! My teeth feel so slimy since I'm not used to them being so smooth. I can't stop running my tongue over them ^.^

Should I post a picture? I don't really mind you guys seeing my face.

message 18: by Sarah, The Random Nerd (new)

Sarah (agentsd) | 11810 comments Mod
YAY GABBY! :D

And sure, post away!

message 20: by Sarah, The Random Nerd (new)

AWESOME! You're a teenage girl person! :D Sorry, it's late here and I don't know how to properly convey my excitement in a way that doesn't sound creepy... So I like your glasses and I'm happy you got your braces off! ^_^

message 21: by Gabby (new)

Gabby (Gabby123) | 853 comments Haha, indeed I am a teenage girl person XD
The glasses are also new. I saw the before photos from when I was about to get the braces on and I look SO different.

message 22: by Sarah, The Random Nerd (new)

Yay for being teenage girl people!

Speaking of glasses, I should probably get my glasses back...I put them away because I was planning on sleeping, but now I can't get to sleep so I should put them on before I ruin my eyes...

message 23: by Gabby (new)

Gabby (Gabby123) | 853 comments Haha, I actually need to practice keeping mine OFF. Apparently I'm too used to relying on them and its making my eyes worse

message 24: by Sarah, The Random Nerd (new)

Oh, are you farsighted, then?

message 25: by Gabby (new)

Gabby (Gabby123) | 853 comments Very X)

message 26: by Sarah, The Random Nerd (new)

Ah, that makes sense--I'm nearsighted. :)

message 27: by Gabby (new)

Gabby (Gabby123) | 853 comments Haha. Well apparently I'm getting blinder, so I need to exercise my eyes

message 28: by Robin (new)

Robin | 5442 comments I just have awful eyes that constantly require glasses.

Awesome frames!

You actually look similar to SD...

message 29: by Sarah, The Random Nerd (new)

She does a bit...especially our noses.

message 30: by Gabby (new)

Gabby (Gabby123) | 853 comments Haha, maybe we're secret twins - Ill

message 31: by Cami (new)

Cami (camikittr) I'm getting braces soon.

Jessica (The Psychotic Nerd) (goldenfurproductions) | 4918 comments I'm supposed to get my braces off soon.
But that's what the teeth people said last month...
and the month before that...
and the month before that...

message 33: by Robin (new)

Robin | 5442 comments I've had my braces for two years. They JUST put the bottoms on. Because I had an overbite the size of the Pacific Ocean. They haven't even bothered giving me an estimate as to how long it'll be. I don't even want to know.

Jessica (The Psychotic Nerd) (goldenfurproductions) | 4918 comments I've had mine on for more than 3.
They should realize by now that THEY ARE STRAIGHT ENOUGH!

message 35: by Gabby (new)

Gabby (Gabby123) | 853 comments I had mine for about 18 months, I think.
Oh, how I've missed being able to bite into apples. I ate one today and just zoned out for five minutes, savouring it while my friends laughed at me.

message 36: by Sarah, The Random Nerd (new)

I've always liked oranges better than apples. /random

message 37: by Becky, AwesomeOne (new)

Becky (MissFooFoo) | 4249 comments Mod
i might have to get braces

message 38: by Farhia (new)

Farhia (farhia97) I hated having braces, but I had them for only 1 1/2 years so i can't complain. But i still can't eat apples without cutting them even after 2 years :(

♥Booknerdswift♥ | 344 comments i had braces, but in the beginning of the year, i got them off. they hurt, but for about a short while.

message 40: by ange (new)

ange (mitskis) Ah. A bunch of peeps are getting braces, including my best friend {I can NOT imagine her with braces. I feel so sorry for her...she really doesn't want to D:}..and I might get them, but my mom says I don't need them. My teeth look okay-ish to me.

♥Booknerdswift♥ | 344 comments my one friend is getting them over the summer. bring something soft, yet a little hard with you. you may look like a weirdo, but it helps when the dentist puts the bracket on.

message 42: by ange (new)

ange (mitskis) Okayz.

I don't think I need braces. {If I do....T_T}

message 43: by Mel (new)

Mel | 1820 comments My friend got hers off yesterday. She was like a living miracle to all the braces-weilding adolescents of the 8th grade... XD

Teacher: Where might...Sally...be today? (XD)

Everyone: SHE'S GETTING HER BRACES OFF!!!

And now she's enjoying perfect teeth while I anxiously await the day they glue that chained prison into my mouth...

message 44: by ange (new)

ange (mitskis) Ah...XD XD

I'm still awaiting judgement on my teeth...o_O

My friend just got hers PUT BACK IN, after she got them off. DD:

message 45: by Mel (new)

Mel | 1820 comments THAT IS A CRIME!!!!!!! D: Send that orthodontist into a fiery abyss THIS INSTANT!!!!

♥Booknerdswift♥ | 344 comments D:

the biggest problem for me, was at the end of my brace treatment. when i was supposed to wear my rubber bands, i didn't.

message 47: by Mel (new)

Mel | 1820 comments My BFFLMOLALOUS has to wear rubber bands. They're always snapping in half on her.

message 48: by ange (new)

ange (mitskis) Mel wrote: "My BFFLMOLALOUS has to wear rubber bands. They're always snapping in half on her."

Oh, dear. My brother had braces for...7 years.

I know, disturbing. He just got them off a couple months ago. And he followed all the rules, so he could barely eat chips, sugar, candy, gum, all the good stuff for 7 BLEEPING YEARS.

Mel wrote: "THAT IS A CRIME!!!!!!! D: Send that orthodontist into a fiery abyss THIS INSTANT!!!!"

EXACTLY!! D:

message 49: by Jocelyn (Ducky) (new)

Jocelyn (Ducky) (ducky113) | 2640 comments I plan to be as rude as possible to my orthodontist so that he knows I hate him. Sound good?

message 50: by Jocelyn (Ducky) (new)

Jocelyn (Ducky) (ducky113) | 2640 comments I plan to disobey all the rules too. Braces are NOT going to ruin my life.

« previous 1