Daily Diary discussion

Life and Meaning > Another quote

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ed (new)

Ed | 237 comments Mod
Not sure who said this but what do you think of this: "The journey is the destination".

message 2: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (chaoscat60) | 37 comments I would agree with this, life is a journey and it's ongoing. If you like it or not, we all expirence and percieve something new or different everyday. It makes great sense to me because life is always a challenge.

message 3: by Tressa (last edited Jan 10, 2009 11:16AM) (new)

Tressa  (moanalisa) Great quote. I will sometimes rush my life trying to get to that week's vacation or fun, future event. When I realize what I'm doing I try to take my life day by day and savor the good in it. I'd hate to get to old age and realize how I wasted half my life waiting for one thing or the other to occur.

I always loved the "Only connect." quote from E.M. Forster's Howard's End. If only we could all connect on some level, there wouldn't be so much horror in the world.

message 4: by Ed (new)

Ed | 237 comments Mod
Great idea Tressa. I think living in the moment and at the same time emptying our head of all our thoughts (especially of tomorrow's tasks, etc) can be a good thing.

message 5: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (starshinejen) Yes Ed - emptying out heads of all our thoughts and listening to what is in our hearts is the best way to undertake this wonderful and sometimes frightening journey that is called LIFE.

ⓘsⓐbεℓℓⓐ "You don't love a girl because of beauty, you love hre because she sings a song that you can understand." ~l.j.Smith Vampire Secret

I love this qoute for different reasons but I love music so this qoute just made me fall head over heels!

message 7: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Isabella,
That is such a neat quote!

message 8: by Christy (new)

Christy Stewart (christyleighstewart) "All writing is garbage. People who come out of nowhere to try and put into words any part of what goes on in their minds are pigs. "
— Antonin Artaud