Q&A with Kathryn Leigh Scott discussion

Return to Collinwood > Which actor from Dark Shadows do you wish you had worked with more?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nathan (new)

Nathan | 11 comments I think we fans are sometimes surprised to realize that certain DS actors never acted together on the show (at least in the same scene, if that makes sense). For example, I know that Jerry Lacy and Marie Wallace never had one scene together, despite both being on the show for a good length of time.

Since you were on Dark Shadows for most of its run, you probably acted with nearly every actor who was on the show for any considerable time. Still, were there any actors that you had no scenes or very few scenes with that you wished you acted with more on the series? For example, I don't recall you being in many (or any in some cases) scenes with Dennis Patrick, James Storm, Kate Jackson, Donna Wandrey or Mitch Ryan. I hope this question makes sense :D

message 2: by Anne (new)

Anne | 302 comments Nathan wrote: "I think we fans are sometimes surprised to realize that certain DS actors never acted together on the show (at least in the same scene, if that makes sense). For example, I know that Jerry Lacy and..."

Nathan, that's a good question!! I never really thought about it that way....the DS cast was the DS cast and it never occurred to me until you asked Kathryn that question that some of them actually never were on screen together!! Anne

message 3: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn Leigh Scott (kathrynleighscott) | 174 comments Mod
Nathan wrote: "I think we fans are sometimes surprised to realize that certain DS actors never acted together on the show (at least in the same scene, if that makes sense). For example, I know that Jerry Lacy and..."
I loved working with Mitch Ryan and we worked together often in the first year. Donna Wandry was on the show when I was off doing a play, and I did not have scenes with the other actors you mentioned, although we were in the same episodes.

message 4: by Denise (new)

Denise (dulcinea3) | 67 comments Mitch Ryan was a very handsome guy - I don't blame you for enjoying working with him!

message 5: by Denise (new)

Denise | 52 comments Yeah, but Alexandra and Nancy had all the fun of being romantic interests for him in the show; Mitch never seemed to be at all interested in Maggie the waitress. (But then Joe might have decked him if he had.)

message 6: by Nathan (new)

Nathan | 11 comments Early on, Joe was busy with Carolyn, remember? :)

I guess I was right that Kathryn didn't work with those other actors in the same scene (except Mitch Ryan. I've only seen those pre-Barnabas episodes once and it was several years ago. I need to rewatch those).

Thanks for all the answers, Kathryn, though I don't think you're on here anymore :D

Nathan

message 7: by Anne (new)

Anne | 302 comments Denise wrote: "Yeah, but Alexandra and Nancy had all the fun of being romantic interests for him in the show; Mitch never seemed to be at all interested in Maggie the waitress. (But then Joe might have decked him..."

But I liked Joe better than Mitch Ryan!!! Anne

message 8: by Nathan (new)

Nathan | 11 comments Joe was great. But I really liked Mitch Ryan's interpretation of Burke Devlin. No offense to Anthony George, but when he took over the role, I lost all interest in Burke. He was a much better Jeremiah though....

message 9: by Anne (new)

Anne | 302 comments Nathan wrote: "Joe was great. But I really liked Mitch Ryan's interpretation of Burke Devlin. No offense to Anthony George, but when he took over the role, I lost all interest in Burke. He was a much better Jerem..."

Nathan, I agree. Anthony George did a good job but Mitch Ryan WAS Burke Devlin, you know?? I just was always a sucker for the good guy next door type, like Joe Haskell - until I had my first mad crush on bad boy Quentin!! (I was 9!) LOL Anne