Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Adding New Books > Add This Book

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by _Anonym (last edited Jun 03, 2012 05:32PM) (new)

_Anonym Please provide:
* Title: Nine Inch Bride
* Author: anonym
* ISBN: 9780985389710 (PDF); 978-0-9853897-4-1 (EPUB); 978-0-9853897-7-2 (KINDLE)
* Publisher: Author Networks
* Publication date: April 2012
* Formats: PDF, EPUB, KINDLE (.mobi)
* Description:Set in the near future, a young Wall Street analyst falls into joblessness and financial ruin in a major market crash. He is rescued in his descent by a uniquely talented young woman with a revolutionary agenda. Together they form an extraordinary partnership and set out to change the world. The present and future, real and unreal fuel a serious and lighthearted bonfire of American political culture.
* Link to cover: http://nineinchbride.com

❂ Murder by Death  (murderbydeath) I've added the .pdf and the epub edition of the books here and here.

I haven't added the Kindle because we use the ASIN number Amazon assigns to the Kindle edition, not the ISBN. If you have the ASIN number, please post it here and we'll create the record. We can't use Amazon as a source for any book information, so we can't get this information directly. Thanks! :)

message 3: by ❂ Murder by Death (last edited Jun 04, 2012 05:24PM) (new)

❂ Murder by Death  (murderbydeath) I'm not sure what is happening, but I can guess. Did you apply for the author program before I added the book?

"Anonym" is a popular author name (see http://www.goodreads.com/author/list/...).

We can't disambiguate single name authors, so the system doesn't have anyway to figure out which of those books are yours.

I'm certain there's a way around this, but I don't know what it is - hopefully Rivka will see this thread and chime in as she is the woman with the answers. :)

❂ Murder by Death  (murderbydeath) I can't do anything to resolve this for you, unfortunately. Rivka will have to chime in with suggestions.

It might be possible to change your author name to _anonym - we can try it but I'm not sure how the system will take the non-alpha character. I just tried a sample search of _anonym and the search engine just dumped the _ off and gave results for anonym only.

Rivka?

message 5: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42044 comments Mod
Looking into it. Meanwhile, looks like your book is showing up properly now.

message 6: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

Huh. There are actually 3 Anonym profiles right now.

I asked a dev to take a look at this, but there's definitely something weird going on.

message 7: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

Ok, went with "_Anonym" for your profile, and your book should now be showing up there.

message 8: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

Groups you are a member of will show up on your profile whether author or not. There is no checkbox to remove that.

message 9: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

_Anonym wrote: "Also, there is the curious stat of -1 (minus one) for "total books added" in the Dashboard, but that I can live with."

That's a caching thing, and should resolve in a day or so.