Who's Your Author? discussion

Archives - '11 - '12 > Discussion for the Alex Craft series

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4053 comments The series:
Grave Witch (Alex Craft, #1) by Kalayna Price Grave Dance (Alex Craft, #2) by Kalayna Price Grave Memory (Alex Craft, #3) by Kalayna Price

message 2: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4053 comments For those of you who have never read this series Alex Craft is a grave witch who can speak to the dead she is even friends with Death himself. She is also a consultant for the police and most of the series centers around that.

If memory serves she was originally contracted for three books but I for one am hoping they will release more.

message 3: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments I have read these ones, they are good, but I would label them filler books. You know the ones you read while you wait for those you really want to read.

message 4: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4053 comments I really loved the first one it was such a new idea. The second one was not as good and it was a bit of a let down. I am hoping she redeems herself in book three.

message 5: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments That was my thoughts too Dawn.

Nichole ~Bookaholic~ (nicholebookaholic) | 672 comments Ditto both Dawn & Darcy....

message 7: by Brianna (new)

Brianna | 76 comments I liked this series well enough. I have to disagree, I liked the second one for it's action. What did you all dislike about it?

This series isn't a favorite of mine, but it's not bad, either.

message 8: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (last edited Jun 04, 2012 05:04PM) (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4053 comments Brianna I do not think any of us are saying it is a bad series.

Personally I gave the first one 5 stars. The second one was just not as good as the first. It has been awhile but I agree that the book was fast paced but almost to a fault. (view spoiler)

Having said all of that the writing is good. I still find the overall plot really interesting, I think it is hard to write about the fae but clearly she has done a great job! From the second book this is what I liked (view spoiler)

message 9: by Sandra, Need more time to Read!! (new)

Sandra | 4483 comments I've only read the first one, so far. #2 came in the mail a couple of weeks ago but I haven't gotten to it yet. So I'm keeping clear of those shiny spoiler buttons Dawn. LOL.

message 10: by Brianna (new)

Brianna | 76 comments Yeah Dawn, that actually does make sense. I've never thought about all that before. Well, guess we'll see what happens when the third book comes out.

message 11: by Gin (new)

Gin | 338 comments I'm trying to remember what I thought of the second book. It's been a while and of course I didn't write a review. I think you are right Dawn, I didn't like the second as much as the first book. I think I still gave it 5stars, but there are some books that I give that rating to simply because I couldn't put them down, rather than content.

I do agree that I am not overly invested in the characters. Not to the point like with some series, where I am thinking about them after reading. To be honest I barely remember the characters. I think this series is good because of it's originality and it's readability.

message 12: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4053 comments Sandra wrote: "I've only read the first one, so far. #2 came in the mail a couple of weeks ago but I haven't gotten to it yet. So I'm keeping clear of those shiny spoiler buttons Dawn. LOL."

It is so hard isn't it LOL

message 13: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4053 comments Brianna wrote: "Yeah Dawn, that actually does make sense. I've never thought about all that before. Well, guess we'll see what happens when the third book comes out."

I really hope it is good because the premise is just awesome!

message 14: by Kira (new)

Kira (KiraRiyu) | 7 comments This has to be one of my favorite new series. It's funny, it's sexy, and it's action packed. I love the romantic tension. I can't decide who I want Alex with, but I do hope we see more of Death in the next book. Personally, I thought the second book was even better than the first. The writer really started filling out her world and I loved the trip into Faerie.

message 15: by Sandra, Need more time to Read!! (new)

Sandra | 4483 comments Dawn wrote: "Sandra wrote: "I've only read the first one, so far. #2 came in the mail a couple of weeks ago but I haven't gotten to it yet. So I'm keeping clear of those shiny spoiler buttons Dawn. LOL."

It is..."

Yep. I will be strong!!! or just look the other way. LOL

message 16: by Alexandra Storm (new)

Alexandra Storm It is one of my favorite series. I love the whole UF genre and the main players are different from the usual books. I was hooked after the first few pages and i am excited about the next book coming out soon. After reading the Alex Craft Novels and i really like her writing style, i read the haven series. this one took a bit to get used to but still pretty well written.
I consider them fun book, enjoyable reads. If i want to read something with more thought and heaviness i get an old classic, but they are pretty well. I tried Stacia kanas series and can't get over the issues of a drug addict heroine. so i stopped before chapter 3.

message 17: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4053 comments Alexandra wrote: "..I tried Stacia kanas series and can't get over the issues of a drug addict heroine. so i stopped before chapter 3"

You know the drug addition thing is so unbelievable to me that I just over looked it but moving on I think the first book is the worst and I actually came to like the series.

message 18: by Alexandra Storm (new)

Alexandra Storm You know the drug addition thing is so unbelievable to me tha..."

I really liked the world in which the story plays. So i did file it away in my "Try again later folder"

message 19: by Mel (new)

Mel | 2 comments This series is awesome. So many questions to ponder with many possible results... where does Alex's powers really come from, what happened to her brother, is it possible for her and Death to have a romantic and lasting relationship and why does her father really behave the way he does? I cannot wait for book 3 in July! :)