2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2012 > A Word from the Mods

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Kara, TBR Twins (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3971 comments Exciting news...

Our group is now 300 members strong!

Thank you to ALL MEMBERS for making this such a great group. :)

message 3: by Nathan (new)

Nathan (nthnlwly) woah! Awesome!

message 4: by Ashley (new)

Ashley I have moved all of June activities to the archive folder so we can begin July's activities. Feel free to continue June challenges if you are not finished and would like to!

Happy Reading! :)

message 5: by Kara, TBR Twins (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3971 comments I'm so sorry, but I made a mistake in the August group read poll and had to remove Among Others because it's not first in a series.

If you voted for it, please recast your vote.

Once again, I'm really sorry!

message 6: by Kara, TBR Twins (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3971 comments There's still time to get in your votes for August's group read! http://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/68...

message 7: by Ashley (new)

Ashley I'm just checking in with the members of the group making sure everyone is alright. I don't know how many in our group are from Colorado or if any were affected by the tragedy today. I'm glad that even though we haven't met each other personally that we are all friends through reading.

Happy Reading all. :)

message 8: by Connieb (new)

Connieb (otherwordly) | 82 comments Ashley wrote: "I'm just checking in with the members of the group making sure everyone is alright. I don't know how many in our group are from Colorado or if any were affected by the tragedy today. I'm glad that ..."
Thanks Ashley, for posting your concern. I've been busy all day and didn't know of the situation until you mentioned. I'm not in Colo, but just next door. What a horrible incident. My heart and sympathy goes out to friends and family.

message 9: by Kara, TBR Twins (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3971 comments The nomination thread for our September group read is up! http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/9...

Also, we're going to try something new this month. I'm going to leave the September challenge threads open so people can discuss their ideas for books and plan what to read. The challenges will still officially start on September 1st.

message 10: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Hey everyone! Just letting you know that I did not fall of the face of the Earth. My husband and I have just moved into our house we will be in for the next two years. He has had to work 12-13 hour shifts at the hospital which left me with unpacking by myself. It is hard work alone, but I am almost finished and should be back on here more soon.

I did not forget you and I have missed being on here everyday! :)

message 11: by Kara, TBR Twins (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3971 comments It's your last day to vote for our September group read! http://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/69...

message 12: by Kara, TBR Twins (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3971 comments We're pleased to announce that we have a new moderator. Please join me in congratulating Trevor! Trevor has been an integral part of the group since he joined, and he's always been particularly good at encouraging his fellow members.

Yay, Trevor! We know you're going to be great.

message 13: by Johanna (new)

Johanna | 766 comments Way to go Trevor! :)

message 14: by Nathaly (new)

Nathaly | 356 comments Hooray!

message 15: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Yay Trevor! :)

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Congratulations Trevor! Well deserved!

message 17: by Nathan (new)

Nathan (nthnlwly) Thank you everybody! :)

message 18: by Barb (new)

Barb Congrats, Trevor!

message 19: by Lilac (new)

Lilac  (lilac_wales) | 850 comments Yeah, Congratulations! :)

message 20: by Kara, TBR Twins (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3971 comments Happy September! We've made one minor change to the group: we no longer have month-specific threads for "Let's Chat" and Introductions. We'll keep the same thread for the rest of the year. Yes, they'll get long, but you won't have to keep following new discussions. If this just doesn't work, we'll switch back.

message 21: by Kara, TBR Twins (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3971 comments We've been talking, and we're considering changing our name to 2012 Reading Challenge to match what GR calls it.

Any thoughts?

message 22: by Johanna (new)

Johanna | 766 comments Sounds good to me!

message 23: by Lilac (new)

Lilac  (lilac_wales) | 850 comments Me too :)

message 24: by Kara, TBR Twins (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3971 comments Wow! I can't believe this happened so quickly, but guess what?

We've hit 400 members!

message 25: by Lilac (new)

Lilac  (lilac_wales) | 850 comments Yay! That's good, hopefully we'll make it to 500 soon :D

message 26: by Kara, TBR Twins (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3971 comments Last day to vote on our November poll! It looks like a close one, so make sure to get your vote in: http://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/72931

message 27: by Kara, TBR Twins (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3971 comments All: thank you for being so patient with me while I've been behind! Things have been totally insane here in my life, but in the next couple of days, you will see:

- Secret Santa messages
- The poll for January books
- The January TBR twins thread
- More movements toward 2013 plans
- January and Q1 challenges

Thanks, and <3s all around!

message 28: by Kara, TBR Twins (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3971 comments We have a TON of new members! For you oldbies, come meet them in our introduction thread: http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/9...

We're currently only 30 members from 500!

message 29: by Kara, TBR Twins (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3971 comments AMAZING!

In record time, we climbed up to 500 members (we jumped up 50 members in the last week)! Thank you, all!

message 30: by Nathan (new)

Nathan (nthnlwly) Hi Everyone!

Yesterday I moved everyone's Personal Challenge threads into the appropriate folder (1-50, 51-100, 100+). If you want to change your goal and it moves you into a new bracket, please let me know in a message to me or as a comment on your thread. Also, if your thread didn't have a specific number listed as a goal, it is still in the 1-50 folder. Just let me know if you make your goal more than 50 and I'll move it up.

If you can't find your Personal Challenge and know you posted one, it may have been archived accidentally if it was in a 2012 folder as opposed to the 2013 folder we had going. Let a mod know and we will find it for you.

Thanks guys and good luck in 2013!
--Trev

message 31: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Thanks Trevor! :)

message 32: by Bárbara (new)

Bárbara (barbarawmf) Trevor wrote: "Hi Everyone!

Yesterday I moved everyone's Personal Challenge threads into the appropriate folder (1-50, 51-100, 100+). If you want to change your goal and it moves you into a new bracket, please l..."

Thanks. I'm going to find the 1-50 folder.

message 33: by Kara, TBR Twins (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3971 comments As announced in the broadcast, Trevor will be stepping down from his moderator position. If your have a minute, drop him a note to thank him for all he's done for the group.

Adriana will be taking his place. Welcome, Adriana! We're so excited to have you. :)

message 34: by Jack (new)

Jack (jack_) Thank you Trevor. You're great!

message 35: by Bárbara (new)

Bárbara (barbarawmf) Kara wrote: "As announced in the broadcast, Trevor will be stepping down from his moderator position. If your have a minute, drop him a note to thank him for all he's done for the group.

Adriana will be taking..."

Thanks Trevor and welcome Adriana.

message 36: by Lorelei (new)

Lorelei (goodreadscomlorelei_reads) | 393 comments Thank you Trevor, You'll be missed. Thanks for moderating. Good luck in the future.