What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Live Free or Die (Troy Rising, #1)
This topic is about Live Free or Die
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Alien Invasion Trilogy..alien attack and a rich man builds a ship to defend Earth after we are discovered by a federation of alien races. The ship is a hollowed out asteroid . .. [s]

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Brett (battlinjack) | 6 comments There is a Science Fiction series I read a while back and the author and title is just at the front of my isty-bitsy brain...

It is about an alien attack and a rich man builds a ship to defend Earth after we are discovered by a federation of alien races. The ship is a hollowed out asteroid ...
The businessman is a self-made billionaire who is tired of Earth's governments arguing what to do and takes his own steps.
He hires the best people on the planet and they invent and adapt technology to defend and attack the enemy. The main weapon is a collection (100's, 1,000's ?) that can focus unbelievable energy from the sun.
The enemy ships are 100's of miles long so a massive asteroid with miles of nickel-iron to defend against weaponry is the smart way to go.

I can remember all of the story but the author and titles...help!

Anyone recognize this? It's driving me nuttier.

Brett (battlinjack) | 6 comments Bryan457 wrote: "Live Free or Die (Troy Rising, #1) by John Ringo
Live Free or Die
The Citadel by A.J. Cronin
Citadel
The Hot Gate (Troy Rising, #3) by John Ringo
The Hot Gate"

That's it! Thanks a lot.