J.D. Robb discussion

Archives > Why do you think that Eve has such a soft for MR Mira?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 13066 comments Mod
My bad!!

She did come undone the first time she met Dennis Mira! It was the sweater, his smell his manner...she just burst into tears almost on sight.

I think somewhere in the back of her mind she associates certain traits to be representative of a father figure. Not sure where those ideas come from but Mr. Mira seems to have all of them for Eve. This is one of the most touching parts of the series. I love every scene where she's with him.

message 2: by Jeanie (new)

Jeanie Jackson | 72 comments Double Ditto. He is so "comfortable" or nonthreatening that Eve is able to accept something from him that she does not easily accept from anyone else. I agree with the father figure image but there is more to him or she would not so easily let him put his arms around him or cry on his shoulder. Or maybe that "comfort" thing is her image of a real father. They never really seem to talk but she lowered her walls for him faster even than she did for Peabody. Is the it absent minded professor feel he puts off?

message 3: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 13066 comments Mod
Maybe so, Jeanie, because you're right about him disarming her so fast. I can't recall another time or character that did this to her.

message 4: by Dee (new)

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 1070 comments I think Eve looks at Dennis Mira as a man that truly loves his wife, he is down to earth (sort of like his wife) and he is a father figure that he always wished she had.