J.D. Robb discussion

Archives > Why do you think that Eve has such a soft spot for Dr. Mira?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 13063 comments Mod
I think from their first encounter there was something about Dr. Mira that connected with Eve's idea of a mother figure. She seems awed by Mira's whole look (hair style, pastel colored outfits, high heels) and manner, the china she uses for her tea and the tea itself. Eve thinks about how very feminine she looks while being expert in her field and has admiration for the person and the professional.

I'm not sure when Eve started having this transference of her to a mother figure but I think it started first with Mira thinking of her as a daughter. She earned Eve's trust and when Dennis Meara came on the scene, Eve was a goner!

message 2: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 13063 comments Mod
Ooh. That's a great point...I never thought about Mira's persona actually throwing Eve off balance.

message 3: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 168 comments ♨Miz♨ wrote: "For Eve to see a typically feminine, maternal women achieve that level of success and authority without resorting to sinister means might have thrown Eve for a loop, because of her upbringing."

It is an excellent point! I think you hit the bulls-eye on this one, Miz.

message 4: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 168 comments Though, Jonetta is right. I don't see Eve through off balance by Miz. In fact, I think she brings balance into her life. Showing her, by example, it is okay to let her feminine side show through to those she loves and trusts.