Scarlet Garden *Masquerade* (Advanced) discussion

General(: > Plot

Comments Showing 1-50 of 84 (84 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by rosebee, Moonshine Sparkle, that's my stripper name. (last edited Jun 03, 2012 09:20PM) (new)

rosebee (rose33) | 1319 comments Mod
In a land of blossoms, a flower thrives, counting down the days until the masquerade. It is said by the eldest of the old, that true love is captured by the heart of the ancient ways. The idea of love, delirium, is peace. Everyone has a destiny, and some fates are intertwined. The way it was meant to be...

The story books tell a tale, one of blood and gore-a terrible war. The government made the system of the Masquerade long ago...so just as people were coming into their final years of adolescence, they could marry and live peacefully. With the soul mate they will forever love. Never marred by hate, fear, or sadness.

The philosophy of the masquerade was designed to keep order. You go to the dance, fall in love, come out with your partner. You choose a home, determined by your parents status in society, and live your life.

--

But another side of this story is told by a crazed person. They showed up in the dead of night, screaming delirious things. Things about other dimensions...portals...different worlds.

But that couldn't be true. The system is perfect. It keeps the peace...not power. Right? What's a weird disappearance now and then? An incurable disease befalling your mistress?

---

The Masquerade is pretty much the governments way of keeping people distracted, brainwashed, and peaceful. It pairs people off easily enough...when someone doesn't have a partner, they conveniently disappear.

The dance doesn't exactly have a time limit.

Some people hate the masquerade. But protests are not tolerated. You may not leave the Masquerade, and if you try, you don't survive. There are no exits. No weapons, and no resistance available to your character.

The Masquerade is like stepping into the past. Its completely old times, because its the one good thing about the Scarlet Garden Dimension that was too great for change. Although the styles of dresses and masks change from person to person, that is the one thing about the dance that has evolved. The dishes, songs, and decorations are all old style.

The Scarlet flower blooms every time the Masquerade dance is approaching. It seems odd that this happens...but there's a real reason behind it. The flower blooms because it is the one day a year that the Portal is open. The Portal that leads to the other dimensions.

The Government will have you believe that this is the only way to live...the best way to live. They keep everything so tightly guided because they don't want people to discover the other worlds. They don't want to lose their power, and so called peace.

You are not a true member of society until you find your partner, so be quick about it! You have the choice to go to the Masquerade when your 17. When your 18, you no longer have a choice. Its mandatory. The age you enter the dance says a lot about your personality, and the status you hope to hold when you leave.

Love is in the air, so embrace your fates design.

message 2: by €ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ, No Comment (new)

€ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ | 818 comments Mod
It has been read and I like it :)

message 3: by rosebee, Moonshine Sparkle, that's my stripper name. (new)

Depressing how more people viewed the Character thread than the plot one :P haha

message 4: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) I looked at this one ^^ I just didn't say anything. Was I supposed to?

message 5: by rosebee, Moonshine Sparkle, that's my stripper name. (new)

Not necessarily :P

message 6: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Good ^^

message 7: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) You spelled peace wrong.

message 8: by rosebee, Moonshine Sparkle, that's my stripper name. (new)

sтερн ._. wrote: "You spelled peace wrong."

Are you surprised? I remember in Area 26..it was almost a game to see who got spot the most times I typed "allowed" wrong. -_-

message 9: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Oh! Speaking of Area 26, I remember you saying that you might take it down. Can you tell me before you do that? I would like to save my charrie. It was the biggest outline I did :P

message 10: by rosebee, Moonshine Sparkle, that's my stripper name. (new)

Sure. :)

message 11: by คгเค (new)

คгเค  (fanfiction-green) I absolutely love the plot. It's so original!

message 12: by ichigo_menthol (new)

ichigo_menthol | 167 comments ^ I agree with Aria. This is amazing! I can't wait to get started.

message 13: by rosebee, Moonshine Sparkle, that's my stripper name. (new)

*Grins* Thank you! You guys are all way to nice D:

message 14: by คгเค (new)

คгเค  (fanfiction-green) Hey, it's no problem! After all, I do aim to please! :D

Skittles- The World Is a Wonderful Place... :) So original! I love it! I have never been in an RP like this :)

message 16: by Copper (new)

Copper  Black | 53 comments wow

message 17: by rosebee, Moonshine Sparkle, that's my stripper name. (new)

Good Wow?

message 18: by Kat (new)

Kat (sugaraddict) | 51 comments I would say so.

message 19: by ¤ᒪᗩﬡᗴ૪¤ (last edited Jun 05, 2012 04:42PM) (new)

¤ᒪᗩﬡᗴ૪¤ Wait... so do they live at the masquerade until they find someone? Is there some sort of time limit?

message 20: by rosebee, Moonshine Sparkle, that's my stripper name. (new)

No time Limit. (: I think right now were just winging it. XD

message 21: by Matthew (new)

Matthew (phoebus) | 245 comments I can't wait for what sort of twists you are going to throw at us...especially around the scarlet flower

message 22: by rosebee, Moonshine Sparkle, that's my stripper name. (new)

Hehehehe. *grins* I can't wait either. (:

*Mrs. Brightside* ...Twists? O.O haha

message 24: by Matthew (new)

Matthew (phoebus) | 245 comments What? Do you think all they are going to do is find a spouse and get married? Do you think that the people who disappear simply die? Reading this plot and the summery on the home page...oh there is so much more yet to be revealed XD

Skittles- The World Is a Wonderful Place... :) Wait, once you fall in love do you and your partner leave?

message 26: by rosebee, Moonshine Sparkle, that's my stripper name. (new)

Skittles-tastethefreakin'rainbow wrote: "Wait, once you fall in love do you and your partner leave?"

No:)

Skittles- The World Is a Wonderful Place... :) Then what happens? Rp?

*Mrs. Brightside* Wait and seeee...

message 29: by rosebee, Moonshine Sparkle, that's my stripper name. (new)

*Mrs.Brightside* wrote: "Wait and seeee..."

Exactly. :)

message 30: by Matthew (new)

Matthew (phoebus) | 245 comments *giggles*

(view spoiler)

message 31: by rosebee, Moonshine Sparkle, that's my stripper name. (new)

мαттнєω Le§trange ~ Lє Ðємєηтι§ υηυм wrote: "*giggles*

[spoilers removed]"

sdjfhskjfh!!!!!!!!!! That made me laugh so much!!!!!! *grins*

message 32: by €ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ, No Comment (new)

Oh, just wait, this is going to be awesome :D

Skittles- The World Is a Wonderful Place... :) XD anyone want to rp?

message 34: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) мαттнєω Le§trange ~ Lє Ðємєηтι§ υηυм wrote: "*giggles*

[spoilers removed]"

O.O

message 35: by €ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ, No Comment (new)

Skittles-tastethefreakin'rainbow wrote: "XD anyone want to rp?"

Well...I have a girl right now, if you wanted to, that'd be fine :)

Skittles- The World Is a Wonderful Place... :) Gahhh I have a girl to. I really liked your guy though Elizabeth... Weston? Was that his name? He and Ellie would be cute.

message 37: by rosebee, Moonshine Sparkle, that's my stripper name. (new)

Skittles-tastethefreakin'rainbow wrote: "XD anyone want to rp?"

Can you post more than Two liners? I know your capable by your epic charrie making skillz. :)

message 38: by €ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ, No Comment (new)

Skittles-tastethefreakin'rainbow wrote: "Gahhh I have a girl to. I really liked your guy though Elizabeth... Weston? Was that his name? He and Ellie would be cute."

Hehe, doesn't everyone? :P

Skittles- The World Is a Wonderful Place... :) ♫Rose♫ wrote: "Skittles-tastethefreakin'rainbow wrote: "XD anyone want to rp?"

Can you post more than Two liners? I know your capable by your epic charrie making skillz. :)"

Oh fine :)

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Do you want to RP as friends, Liz, since we both have girls?

message 41: by rosebee, Moonshine Sparkle, that's my stripper name. (new)

Hehe...I have extreme powers of persuasion :D

message 42: by €ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ, No Comment (new)

Katoptris wrote: "Do you want to RP as friends, Liz, since we both have girls?"

Fine with me, she's in the ballroom :)

*Mrs. Brightside* ►►♫ Elizabeth ♫◄◄ wrote: "Skittles-tastethefreakin'rainbow wrote: "Gahhh I have a girl to. I really liked your guy though Elizabeth... Weston? Was that his name? He and Ellie would be cute."

Hehe, doesn't everyone? :P"

Not me Kidding :P I actually don't remember anyone's person, so I'd have to check the characters to see who's this Weston(:

I's bored too, though /: finding Hunter a new location...

message 44: by rosebee, Moonshine Sparkle, that's my stripper name. (new)

I think Bennett's a mighty fine piece of male specimen if I do say so myself. (:

message 45: by €ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ, No Comment (new)

Haha, yush, I very much like Bennett!! :D

*Mrs. Brightside* Mmm, he is :D There's quite a few good-looking guys, actually(:

message 47: by rosebee, Moonshine Sparkle, that's my stripper name. (new)

►►♫ Elizabeth ♫◄◄ wrote: "Haha, yush, I very much like Bennett!! :D"

Haha Loooveellyyy. (:

message 48: by Skittles- The World Is a Wonderful Place... :) (last edited Jun 05, 2012 05:21PM) (new)

Skittles- The World Is a Wonderful Place... :) I like Bennett too!!! XD I am going to move Ellie to the ballroom. She needs to dance with some boys.

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm scheming to bombard Adena with RP request once she comes because she has supermegafoxyawesomehot foxy man candy* characters and is in the time zone and okay I miss our late-night roleplay and okay yeah there's nothing wrong with that.

*It's a reference that Rose will get. :)

message 50: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) She can dance with Maxim.

« previous 1