Goodreads Sci-Fi/Fantasy Authors discussion

Writing and Publishing > Sonar4 Science Fict/Horror Forum

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jim (new)

Jim Cherry (jymwrite) Hello Fans!
Sonar4 is an ezine dedicated to science fiction & horror stories, flash fiction & reviews & now has a forum. Come & join it should be fun! http://sonar4.lefora.com/forum/

message 2: by Jim (new)

Jim (jimmaclachlan) I haven't had a chance to read much of the past issues, yet & want to get to the current issue. Glad you posted & reminded me.

Unfortunately, I can't read this at home since I'm on dialup.

message 3: by Jim (new)

Jim Cherry (jymwrite) Jim,
Yeah, I was on dialup up until Dec 23/8. This DSL is definitely more practical I watch things on youtube & even audio things like songs & also here's a cool site www.welltoldtales.com they have actors read stories of the detective, pulp, science fiction genre & it's a really cool site. I submitted some of my stuff they rejected them, but it's such a cool site I still recommend it!

Jim

message 4: by Jim (new)

Jim (jimmaclachlan) Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.

I voted yesterday for your mag & then read the latest edition. I haven't joined the forum because I spend too much time here, as it is. When I voted, I was presented with a list of more emags than I knew existed. I'd like to check them out, too. Time though!

I have a T1 here at work, so it's great for cruising. I grab a lot of pages to read at home. I also found a neat site:
http://davidszondy.com/future/robot/p...
Cruise around some. The guy is a freelance writer, but has a wonderful site on not just pulp robots, but lots of old SF. The pics are worth the trip. His comments have some good stuff in them, but he can get carried away.

I'm really looking forward to next month's issue since you'll have one of my stories in it.

message 5: by Jim (new)

Jim Cherry (jymwrite) Very cool that one of your stories will be in it, looking forward to it! Now, I have to write a review I promised to write.

A couple of those magazines rejected my stories, so no reason to vote for them.

message 6: by Rai (new)

Rai | 3 comments I will definitely be checking this magazine out! I am excited to have our book be reviewed in it, as well, in March. I have mentioned Sonar4 in my MySpace blog:

Secret of the Sands on MySpace

Hopefully that will help drive traffic to your site. Once the review is done, I will also add it to the main MySpace page, my Facebook pages & under the news section on our website :)

Very exciting stuff, Sonar4/Jim!!

Rai Aren, co-author of Secret of the Sands

message 7: by Jim (new)

Jim Cherry (jymwrite) Thank you Rai for the mention on your blog. I look forward to reading your book!

Jim