Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Archive (Buddy Reads) > June PIFM Buddy Read - One Small Thing by Piper Vaughn and M.J. O'Shea

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (last edited Jun 02, 2012 06:24PM) (new)

~KarenH~ | 6903 comments Regina and I are doing a buddy read of One Small Thing starting Sunday, June 3. Anybody who is interested is welcome to join in! :)

message 2: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11000 comments I read this recently and really enjoyed it- I hope you do too!

message 3: by Regina (new)

Regina Polli | 177 comments I`m reading the book and loving it. Rue is so different from the characters in m/m books that I read so far, that I get some time to get used to him. But now I think he is adorable! And Erik is so nerd and so cute that I fall for him since the beggining!

message 4: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 6903 comments I'm about 2/3 through, and enjoying it a lot. I agree Regina, both main characters are very different from the normal M/M heroes, but that's part of what makes it so intriguing. I'm anxious to get back to it and finish!

message 5: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 6903 comments I finished yesterday, and really liked this book a lot - gave it 4 stars. I liked watching the growth of all the characters, and seeing them all come to the realization that they were stronger as part of a family than they were by themselves.

I'm looking forward to future books in this series - can't wait to read Dusty's story!

message 6: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 19605 comments I read this book this week too! I really liked it - 4 stars from me too. I didn't realize it was part of a series.

message 7: by Regina (new)

Regina Polli | 177 comments I gave it 4 stars too! I loved the book and I think you pick a very right point , KarenH, that they are strong together. Erik conquered his panick attacks and didn´t want to become a loner again and it was such a great thing for him! And the fact that he could finish his romance and have contracts for more also show that love was one of the things he was missing in life.

Rue was ready to let go of his dream in order to stay with Erik, which prove that his love was strong, but I was glad that everything works fine after all...

I only wished that I could see Erik´s mom being introduced to Rue and Alice. It would be a great and emotional encounter...

I´m also looking forward to Dusty´s story and seeing more of Rue and Erik and watching Alice grow.

message 8: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 6903 comments Regina wrote: "I only wished that I could see Erik´s mom being introduced to Rue and Alice. It would be a great and emotional encounter..."

I agree - that was the one thing I really missed - it could have been a wonderful scene. Oh, well, maybe there wasn't time before the move and she'll come to California to visit in the next book! :)

message 9: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 19605 comments ~KarenH~ wrote: "I agree - that was the one thing I really missed - it could have been a wonderful scene. Oh, well, maybe there wasn't time before the move and she'll come to California to visit in the next book! :) "

Where, oh where, is the 'like' button...

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

One Small Thing (other topics)