Terminalcoffee discussion

Helping You To Know The News > This makes me dizzy

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by RandomAnthony (last edited Jan 06, 2009 02:57AM) (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Maybe the Milky Way needs to cut back on desserts and work out a little more.

message 3: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17320 comments Mod
Ha!

message 4: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Makes me feel small.

message 5: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments Bwahaha, I love the writing for the "average" reader: "...mass, which is like weight." LMAO!

message 6: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments I would love to witness two galaxies crashing into each other.

message 7: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments the milky way used to seem ginormous to me but now since the exile of Pluto it seems just "meh"

message 8: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments But wait, Pluto is still in the Milky Way.

message 9: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Doesn't he live in a dog house?

message 10: by Sally, la reina (new)

Yeah, but it got kicked out of the solar system.

message 11: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments so it is still in the system just not recognized? like michael jackson?

message 12: by Sally, la reina (new)

more like britney spears.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Or like the guy the Illinois governor picked to replace Obama.

message 14: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments excellent Jackie !

message 15: by Meen (last edited Jan 06, 2009 06:12PM) (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments Our solar system is in the Milky Way galaxy, so Pluto's still in the galaxy, just not in our solar system.

Although I think it might still be in our solar system. Does our solar system end with the last planet or with the Kuiper Belt? 'Cause Pluto was downgraded from a planet to a Kuiper object, I think.

message 16: by Sally, la reina (new)

I'm unable to respond to you, Minds. Your IQ just eclipsed mine.

message 17: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) It still orbits around our star -- so is therefore technically in the solar system, I would say.

message 18: by Sally, la reina (new)

I feel bad for Pluto. Badly? Who knows. David never corrects me anymore, so I just go around blabbering nonsense.

message 19: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments THAT'S right, Larry! If it orbits the sun, it's in the sun's system! So, the Kuiper Belt is in our solar system, which means Pluto is, too!

(Never fear, Sally, I am just fascinated with astronomy. If I were smarter I'd be an astrophysicist, but the calculus stopped me in my tracks!)

message 20: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) It took me 3 tries to pass calculus. I ain't proud of it -- but there it is.

message 21: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments poor pluto. downgraded. next thing we'll find out is that the sun is just some ol fiery ball of molton magma or something like that. geesh. and mindy - i can tell you and i are not reading the same books. i think mine have large print with a picture on every page with the lead character being named Casey McSpacey or something like that

message 22: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments Both of my hard science undergrad requirements were physics classes, one regular physics and one astronomy, but other than that I just keep up with the newsfeeds from Yahoo's space section.

Who's Casey McSpacey????

I think I have posted on GR somewhere that IF there was an afterlife and we got to choose how we wanted "heaven" to be, I would want to just be an awareness (not even a "self") floating through space observing all the wondrous things in space and understanding them. No other humans or other "others," just me (but not with an identity) and space and awareness and knowledge!

message 23: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments uh, i think i made casey mcspacey up. yup. i did. i just meant that i am ultra impressed with your knowledge and you must be reading real books while i jack around with goofy ones. see, even my attempt at humor was juvenile

message 24: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments But I LOVE juvenile! (Have you not seen my poop commentaries?) I'm just incredibly dense sometimes.

message 25: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments great. we will get along swimmingly. incredibly smart and yet juvenile. like if Johnny Knoxville would have played Doogie Howser MD

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

pity the patients

message 27: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 3389 comments Interesting. Posts from 2009.