Q&A with Kathryn Leigh Scott discussion

Dark Shadows: Return to Collinwood
This topic is about Dark Shadows
Return to Collinwood > Best & Worst Memories From Your Days on Dark Shadows

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephanie (new) - added it

Stephanie | 171 comments Hi Kathryn, I've heard your many of your fellow actors from Dark Shadows say remembering lines each day was a nightmare; the worst part of being on the show, and the fun & friendships you all had on set was the best part.

Did you personally stress out every day about learning and remembering lines, or was it somewhat easy for you? Did you use the teleprompter much?

Also, what were your tricks for overcoming nervousness before taping each show?

Did you ever feel ill from being so nervous like lots of actors do? Stomach aches or anything?

I've never heard you mention any of that, but then again I need to read your books! I will! I will! It's just I've only recently started watching Dark Shadows, and don't want to get too far ahead of myself.

Anne | 302 comments Kathryn: For you, teleprompter - friend or foe??

Kathryn Leigh Scott (kathrynleighscott) | 174 comments Mod
Anne wrote: "Kathryn: For you, teleprompter - friend or foe??"

I referred to it a couple of times, but found it distracting. I didn't really need it but was glad to have the security net if things went very wrong.

Kathryn Leigh Scott (kathrynleighscott) | 174 comments Mod
Stephanie wrote: "Hi Kathryn, I've heard your many of your fellow actors from Dark Shadows say remembering lines each day was a nightmare; the worst part of being on the show, and the fun & friendships you all had o..."
I didn't really experience nerves before air time, but working live is stressful because such a long can go wrong that you have no control over. I just focused on the work, the story . . . and learning lines was not a problem. I had a young, agile mind and generally learned lines by reading over the scene a few times. In the beginning, when the experience was very new, there some nervous moments, but not when I got used to the daily routine.

message 5: by Stephanie (new) - added it

Stephanie | 171 comments Kathryn wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "Hi Kathryn, I've heard your many of your fellow actors from Dark Shadows say remembering lines each day was a nightmare; the worst part of being on the show, and the fun & friends..."

Wow! You were so fortunate Kathryn! Not to get totally stressed out or nervous before shooting the show. You must have a good memory, a lot of confidence, or both.

I remember hearing so many of your fellow cast members talk about how nerve racking and scared they were that they'd forget their lines. Even Jonathan Frid! He said he was down right terrified for a year! He joked about it on a Merv Griffin interview from long ago. (It's on you tube too!) Dennis Patrick and Alexandra Moltke were two others that said remembering their lines was the worst part of being on the show.