The Ugly Truth (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #5) The Ugly Truth discussion

Reading log # 13

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Keilyn Morales I really like this book is so awesome because of Greg Heffley he is funny but he is selfish he should learned form his friend Rowley Jefferson I really like this book !

Rime Marmar I LOVE Diary of A Wimpy Kid Books !!
Yeah, you're right, Keilyn, he IS so funny x') ♥

Jayden Keilyn Morales wrote: "I really like this book is so awesome because of Greg Heffley he is funny but he is selfish he should learned form his friend Rowley Jefferson I really like this book !"

How is Greg selfish??? And Rowley is so cute! (like little kid cute)

message 4: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Day Greg can sometimes be... well, I don't know, not totally the best person. Sometimes you just think, "Greg, are you serious right now?" Yeah he should learn a thing or two from Rowley! But yeah, he is really funny.

Madi Mullens But he's lazy and makes Rowley do stuff. So whats the point? He will never learn anything. Some people have seen the movi3s he way smater (jk)

Jayden Elizabeth wrote: "Greg can sometimes be... well, I don't know, not totally the best person. Sometimes you just think, "Greg, are you serious right now?" Yeah he should learn a thing or two from Rowley! But yeah, he ..."

Yeah, true.... but he's not really selfish.

Jayden Maddie wrote: "But he's lazy and makes Rowley do stuff. So whats the point? He will never learn anything. Some people have seen the movi3s he way smater (jk)"

True but that still doesn't make him selfish he's just, well... lazy.

Soud It is an amazing book

message 9: by Cheryl (new) - added it

Cheryl i have not read this book yet is it good?

message 10: by AgCl (new) - rated it 2 stars

AgCl he is selfish, although he seems to be entirely unaware of it or maybe its just self-righteousness. He treats Rowley like a servant and he's really mean to a lot of people although i'm not sure if he really means to be.

Samuel I sometimes wish that Greg Heffley had more productive interests, talents, and activities like sports (because HE considered it) and music, and although he is humorous with his storytelling, he seems almost like a "Regular Joe," and him being selfish at times does not really help. However, I don't know how well the series would go through if Greg was more genuinely active, and it's sometimes hard for me to appreciate the polar opposite (in some ways): extremely round about characters such as Bobby Pendragon of D. J. MacHale's Pendragon series until I warm up to them.

I do admire Rowley for the most part, and I think Jeff Kinney is a talented author, and I look forward to reading volumes 7 and 8 of Diary of a Wimpy Kid.

message 12: by Pauline (last edited Feb 15, 2014 07:32AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Pauline Well, You Can't Argue With Cartoons. :-)

Samuel Pauline wrote: "Well, You Can't Argue With Cartoons. :-)"

Very True.

But that gives me an idea.

I almost wrote and posted a fan-fiction... I won't give more details because some people may find the idea to be like messing with chemicals, and besides, I am not a copyright law expert, I don't know the terms and conditions of producing fan-fiction.

message 14: by Tony (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tony I really like this book because if you keep telling lies like Greg was your just going get yourself in a lot of trouble