Basically Books! discussion

Jenny Pox (The Paranormals, #1)
This topic is about Jenny Pox
Former Group Reads > Jenny Pox by J.L Bryan (June 2012 Group Read)

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tara-Jayne (♥ I Read, I Love ♥) , The Great & Mighty Mod! :P (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tara-Jayne (♥ I Read, I Love ♥)  Bell (tjchocolate) | 1628 comments Mod
GoodReads Description

Eighteen-year-old Jenny Morton has a horrific secret: her touch spreads a deadly supernatural plague, the "Jenny pox." She lives by a single rule: Never touch anyone. A lifetime of avoiding any physical contact with others has made her isolated and painfully lonely in her small rural town.

Then she meets the one boy she can touch. Jenny feels herself falling for Seth...but if she's going to be with him, Jenny must learn to use the deadly pox inside her to confront his ruthless and manipulative girlfriend Ashleigh, who secretly wields the most dangerous power of all.

Feel free to talk about the whole book but please use the spoiler brackets where necessary.

< spoiler > write your message here < / spoiler >

(without spaces)

message 2: by Tara-Jayne (♥ I Read, I Love ♥) , The Great & Mighty Mod! :P (new) - rated it 5 stars

I just started reading this, im 27% in so far :) and so far so good :) I can't wait to know more :D

message 3: by Tara-Jayne (♥ I Read, I Love ♥) , The Great & Mighty Mod! :P (new) - rated it 5 stars

I have fin the book , and its really good, i wont start talking about it, until more people have read it :D

message 4: by Erin (new)

Erin (erinreve) | 14 comments I can't find this book. Barnes and Noble doesn't have it and the cheapest I can find it on Amazon is for $91. Any suggestions on where I mind find it more reasonable priced?

message 5: by Tara-Jayne (♥ I Read, I Love ♥) , The Great & Mighty Mod! :P (new) - rated it 5 stars

It is Free on amazon.com.

http://www.amazon.com/Jenny-Pox-Paran...

message 6: by Erin (new)

Erin (erinreve) | 14 comments Thanks!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

This was one of the first indie books I read and I was so impressed it encouraged me to self-publish too! I found Ashleigh a truly scary villain in a way that would have been chilling even without the supernatural aspect and I thought the finale was really jaw-dropping.

message 8: by Jacqui (new)

Jacqui (jacqui-lee) | 35 comments I so Love this book I just wished it was longer and I wont say anything else until more people finish
YAY

message 9: by Tara-Jayne (♥ I Read, I Love ♥) , The Great & Mighty Mod! :P (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jacqui wrote: "I so Love this book I just wished it was longer and I wont say anything else until more people finish
YAY"

Emma wrote: "This was one of the first indie books I read and I was so impressed it encouraged me to self-publish too! I found Ashleigh a truly scary villain in a way that would have been chilling even without ..."

I agree with both of you :)

message 10: by Jeshu (new)

Jeshu (jeshusauria) She reminds me of that girl from X-men who can't touch people either!

(I haven't read the book yet... some day, some day...)

message 11: by Tara-Jayne (♥ I Read, I Love ♥) , The Great & Mighty Mod! :P (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jeshu wrote: "She reminds me of that girl from X-men who can't touch people either!

(I haven't read the book yet... some day, some day...)"

Oh yeah.. she reminds me of her too :)

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Jeshu wrote: "She reminds me of that girl from X-men who can't touch people either!

(I haven't read the book yet... some day, some day...)"

The imagery at the end also reminded me of (view spoiler).