Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Serieses! > Moving Books from One Series to Another

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 59 comments I received a message from Pamela Clare this morning asking me to move her book, Skin Deep from "I-Team After Hours Novella #1) back to the original "I-Team" series and make it #5.5, which I did. Now I'm having trouble figuring out how to remove the I-Team After Hours series, which isn't a series at all, from the listings.

I'm afraid to delete the book and the series, worried it might end up removing the book from the site all together. How is the best way to do this without causing more problems?

And is there a way to make sure that a librarian can't create the I-Team After Hours series and move the book again?

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 59 comments And I guess what's confusing me is that under "other editions" it's still showing up as I-Team After Hours, but when I click on it to edit it, it's come up I-Team 5.5.

message 3: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 843 comments i looks like the after hours part was only put in the title, but not in an actual series

message 4: by Laura (new)

Laura (fist) | 47 comments I'm not seeing the series "I-Team After Hours" anywhere. Could you give a link?

message 5: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish (last edited Jun 02, 2012 11:44AM) (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 59 comments That's part of the problem. When you click on the link in the first post, then hover over "other editions," you can see it says I-Team After Hours #1. But when I click on it, it comes up I-Team 5.5. Maybe it's a caching issue and will correct itself later?

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 59 comments Dee wrote: "i looks like the after hours part was only put in the title, but not in an actual series"

No, when I first made the changes, it was actually listed as a series. I edited the title to remove After Hours, but when you put your cursor over the "other edition" copy it still shows After Hours... so like I was thinking, maybe a caching issue.

message 7: by Amara (new)

Amara Tanith (aftanith) UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "I edited the title to remove After Hours, but when you put your cursor over the "other edition" copy it still shows After Hours... so like I was thinking, maybe a caching issue."

Yeah, that looks like it's just a caching issue. It should clear up within a day or so.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 59 comments Thanks, Amara. I'll check it tomorrow!