Chaos Reading discussion

Bookshelf Nominations > ALL SCI-FI Shelf - Additions, Edits, Comments

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ruby , Mistress of Chaos (new)

Ruby  Tombstone Lives! (rubytombstone) | 3260 comments Mod
The ALL SCI-FI shelf is now up, with 43 fantastic recommendations!
http://www.goodreads.com/group/booksh...

New recommendations can go here, plus let us know if you have any comments, suggestions, anti-recommendations, preferred covers etc etc.

Where people have suggested a whole series, I've just put the first book in the series up, figuring people would probably start there anyway. Let me know if this doesn't suit.

Cheers!

message 2: by Derek (new)

Derek (derek_broughton) | 782 comments Ask for last minute additions, and I guess you really mean last minute. So, yes, Miéville: Embassytown is genuine SF, and brilliant. I picked up Railsea at the library yesterday!

message 3: by Kim (last edited Jun 02, 2012 01:34PM) (new)

Kim (crossreactivity) Recommendation: The Illustrated Man - an excellent collection of stories by Ray Bradbury.

message 4: by Ruby , Mistress of Chaos (new)

Derek wrote: "Ask for last minute additions, and I guess you really mean last minute. So, yes, Miéville: Embassytown is genuine SF, and brilliant. I picked up Railsea at the library yesterday!"

Yeah, it just occurred to me as I was putting the shelf up. I waited for a response as long as I could, but bed had to happen sooner or later! It's all good though, it'll just go up in the next update. I'm thinking once I finish the New Crobuzon series it'll be a choice between Embassytown & Kraken for me. But then again Railsea does sound really good...... sigh.

message 5: by Ruby , Mistress of Chaos (new)

Kim wrote: "Recommendation: The Illustrated Man - an excellent collection of stories by Ray Bradbury."

I have had that sitting on the coffee table next to me for a while now..

message 6: by Sean (new)

Sean Patrick | 4 comments The Golden Globe
Steel Beach

Hello, just joined the group, but may I suggest John Varley for an eclectic SF reading list? His best book, in my opinion, is "The Golden Globe" - although "Steel Beach" is also fantastic.