The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

SUMMER CHALLENGE 2012: WIND/AIR > 20.6 - Seasoned Reader - Michelle WI's task: My Spring Favorites into Your Summer Read

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dlmrose (last edited Jun 02, 2012 07:13PM) (new)

Dlmrose | 17848 comments Mod
20.6 - Seasoned Reader-Michelle WI's task: My Spring Favorites into Your Summer Read

It has been said before, but it cannot be said enough… the SRC is a great way to find new authors, books and genres! I have found some of my favorite books from the SRC and my Goodreads friends! I like to think that some people have found some great books through my reads as well. If not, then here’s your chance! The following descriptions are based on 6 of my personal favorite books from the Spring Challenge (note: I’m not saying these are all five star books or changed my life, but I really enjoyed them for various reasons.)

Die Roller Please set to 1

Roll the die and read one book based on the number rolled. For each option, you may chose to read the named book OR any other book by that author OR a book with that author's initials (in any order) OR a book with the genre I have listed in parenthesis behind the book (genre MUST appear on the main page of your chosen book) .

1. Bossypants by Tina Fey (humor genre)

2. A Tale Dark and Grimm by Adam Gidwitz (fairy tale genre)

3. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs(fantasy genre)

4. Heartsick by Chelsea Cain (thriller genre)

5. The Spellman Files by Lisa Lutz (mystery genre)

6. The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley (historical fiction genre)

Required: Please state your die roll and the option (book, book by author, initials, genre) when you post

message 2: by Michelle (new)

Michelle  (mnmgbwi) | 199 comments reserved

message 3: by Michelle (new)

Michelle  (mnmgbwi) | 199 comments reserved

message 4: by Dlmrose (new)

Dlmrose | 17848 comments Mod
This help thread is open!

message 5: by Kathy G. (new)

Kathy G. | 2073 comments For Dice Roll 2-
Does this book work?
It says Fantasy- Fairy Tale in the genre list

Ella Enchanted

Thanks

message 6: by Fran (last edited Jun 02, 2012 07:45PM) (new)

Fran | 736 comments Michelle, great task!

I rolled a 1 and have a few on my shelves that have Humor listed on the main page, including-

Most Talkative: Stories from the Front Lines of Pop Culture
I Suck at Girls
Perfection

message 7: by Michelle (new)

Michelle  (mnmgbwi) | 199 comments Kathy G. wrote: "For Dice Roll 2-
Does this book work?
It says Fantasy- Fairy Tale in the genre list

Ella Enchanted

Thanks"

Since it is on the main page, it works!

message 8: by Michelle (new)

Michelle  (mnmgbwi) | 199 comments Fran wrote: "Michelle, great task!

I rolled a 1 and have a few on my shelves that have Humor listed on the main page, including-

Most Talkative: Stories from the Front Lines of Pop Culture
I Suck at Girls
Per..."

Thanks Fran! All of those books work for humor (and I'm pretty sure I need to immediately add them to my TBR list.) Happy reading!

message 9: by Katrina (new)

Katrina (katmcv) | 457 comments Rolled a 1 and have already read bossypants, I'm thinking I will go for Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules as it's listed as humour, hopefully can grab it at the library.

message 10: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7688 comments yay. i had randomly picked up a mystery at the library and was hoping to find a place to fit it and since I rolled a 5 ;)

message 11: by Sara ♥ (last edited Jun 02, 2012 09:16PM) (new)

Sara ♥ (saranicole) | 1136 comments I rolled a 1, and I've been meaning to read Bossypants! I've got the audiobook, which Tina Fey, herself, reads! Woo!

message 12: by Riya (new)

Riya (riyaishere) | 191 comments I rolled a 3. Would this book work for the fantasy genre? The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami

message 13: by Bea (new)

Bea | 4080 comments I rolled a 5. I will read Stone Angel, a Spring SRC mystery that I did not get to read.

message 14: by Michelle (new)

Michelle  (mnmgbwi) | 199 comments Mariya wrote: "I rolled a 3. Would this book work for the fantasy genre? The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami"

That will work as Fantasy appears on the main page under genres.

message 15: by Michelle (new)

Michelle  (mnmgbwi) | 199 comments Sara ♥ wrote: "I rolled a 1, and I've been meaning to read Bossypants! I've got the audiobook, which Tina Fey, herself, reads! Woo!"

I really wanted to do the Audiobook as I knew she was the narrator. I'm jealous, have fun!

message 16: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 832 comments I rolled a 6 and have been meaning to get around to The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie!

message 17: by Anne (Booklady) (new)

Anne  (Booklady) Molinarolo (wwwgoodreadscomAnneMolinarolo) | 939 comments Hi Michelle. Great task. I threw a 4 and Heartsick has been on my tbr list forever - now I get to read it ;-D

message 18: by Michelle (new)

Michelle  (mnmgbwi) | 199 comments ★Meghan★ wrote: "I rolled a 6 and have been meaning to get around to The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie!"

That's great Meghan... glad my task could be of assistance. I really love the character of Flavia. Enjoy!

message 19: by Michelle (new)

Michelle  (mnmgbwi) | 199 comments Anne (Booklady) wrote: "Hi Michelle. Great task. I threw a 4 and Heartsick has been on my tbr list forever - now I get to read it ;-D"

Thanks Anne! I really enjoyed Heartsick. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

message 20: by Wendy UK (new)

Wendy  UK (wendyuk) | 756 comments When you say a book with the author's initials, do you mean in the title, or an author with the same initials?

message 21: by Michelle (new)

Michelle  (mnmgbwi) | 199 comments I meant it as, another author with the same initials as the one given. Sorry for the confusion!

message 22: by Wendy UK (new)

Wendy  UK (wendyuk) | 756 comments Michelle wrote: "I meant it as, another author with the same initials as the one given. Sorry for the confusion!"

Thanks Michelle.