UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

Past group quizzes/comps > New quiz has started! General chatter

Comments Showing 1-50 of 60 (60 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Simon (Highwayman) (last edited Jun 02, 2012 04:47AM) (new)

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4698 comments On 6th June Pat will be running a new quiz.

It will run for 5 days and there will be a £10 Amazon voucher for the winner.

I have also arranged something very special for everyone who takes part in this quiz.
It is a world exclusive but more about that later.......

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4698 comments Actually before Patti kills me, I haven't really done any arranging - she did it all, but I stood around looking important .....

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments As you do so well, dear. Or would you prefer 'sweetheart'?

And fix your 'their' typo before Ignite sees it and has apoplexy. ;)

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments I wanna drop hints about the world exclusive...

message 5: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Versini (lorraineversini) | 8999 comments Patti (Stir Crazy) wrote: "I wanna drop hints about the world exclusive..."

They won't fall on a deaf ear Patti :)

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4698 comments Their? Where?

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4698 comments Oh, that their....

message 8: by Kath (last edited Jun 02, 2012 04:57AM) (new)

Kath Middleton | 25063 comments What a ghastly reputation as an overbearing harridan I seem to have.

I can't think why?

Edit - should mention the quiz.
Quiz! Ace.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Overbearing harridan? Pah!

You are lovely! I do rather enjoy teasing you, though. ;)

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments I'm really excited about this world exclusive!

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4698 comments It is probably a universe exclusive but I can't be sure what is happening in parallel universes.

message 12: by Philip (sarah) (new)

Philip (sarah) Willis | 5174 comments Maybe it's a MR & MRS quiz for my anniversary on the same date.Lol.

Rosemary (grooving with the Picts) (nosemanny) | 9087 comments You're such teases, keeping us all in suspense!

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Simon (Highwayman) wrote: "It is probably a universe exclusive but I can't be sure what is happening in parallel universes."

But what about serial universes? Or diagonal ones?

message 15: by Philip (sarah) (new)

Philip (sarah) Willis | 5174 comments My Kindle will be a year old on the 6th,maybe it's 'Guess the age of the Kindle'quiz,you can guess by looking at the lines and wrinkles on the leather cover.

message 16: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments haha!

mine was 1 year on the 29th of December last year :P

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4698 comments OK, I have just received what I am told is a 'final draft' of the The Merry Widow (A DI Lorne Simpkins short story.).

The only way you can get your hands on this book is by taking part in our quiz starting on Wednesday!

message 18: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18540 comments AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Yeah Jud!

I know!!!

How fantastic is it???

message 20: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18540 comments Super fantastic!

message 21: by Elle (last edited Jun 04, 2012 07:20AM) (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments *eyebrow pop*

Erm, can someone tell me who even wrote that?

*gets ready to be slapped*

message 22: by Philip (sarah) (new)

Philip (sarah) Willis | 5174 comments Our very own Mel Comely Elle!
I won't slap you though as I am a ........
A)Pacifist
B)Coward
You decide.HeHeHe.
Looking forward even more to the quiz.

message 23: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments Ahhhh!

Sorry I haven't read any of your books Mel! :p

message 24: by Kate (new)

Kate (littlekate1) | 574 comments Wow... exciting.... :-)

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Louise-Lesley (Elle) wrote: "Ahhhh!

Sorry I haven't read any of your books Mel! :p"

Louise-Lesley!

I know of several things she's written that you'd love. ;)

I'll pm you the links.

message 26: by Emma (new)

Emma (emzibah) | 4396 comments Patti (Stir Crazy) wrote: "Louise-Lesley (Elle) wrote: "Ahhhh!

Sorry I haven't read any of your books Mel! :p"

Louise-Lesley!

I know of several things she's written that you'd love. ;)

I'll pm you the links."

I knew it!!!!!!!

Elle, remember I said to you that Mel writes another genre?

message 27: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments LOL! Yes I remember you saying that - definitely PM me the links!

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Will do, most happily.

If anyone else would like the links, just send me a pm.

message 29: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18540 comments Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya tomorrow, you're only a day away!

message 30: by M.A. (new)

M.A. Comley (melcom) You're welcome guys. It's a story that Lorraine kept nagging me to write so she has a starring role in it! lol

message 31: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments Do we PM them all in one go?

message 32: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Versini (lorraineversini) | 8999 comments M wrote: "You're welcome guys. It's a story that Lorraine kept nagging me to write so she has a starring role in it! lol"

Are you happy your wrote it Mel? No regrets?

message 33: by M.A. (new)

M.A. Comley (melcom) I am indeed. No regrets hon x

message 34: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Versini (lorraineversini) | 8999 comments :) Loves ya x

message 35: by Pat () (new)

Pat ()  | 29 comments Louise-Lesley (Elle) wrote: "Do we PM them all in one go?"

Um... Which ever you like but it would be easier for me if you send them all together.
Thanks

message 36: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18540 comments Yay thanks Mel! I hope I get all the answers right.

message 37: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments I'll PM them at the end.

Although I think it will take a while to work out so hopefully I'll have time to do it!

message 38: by David (new)

David Wailing | 834 comments Lorraine's in a story?! Is it about bunnies? :-)

message 39: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Versini (lorraineversini) | 8999 comments I'm in two actually, I get to star in Foul Justice under one of my middle names, Danielle, because I didn't want to steal Lorne's thunder, but yeah, I'm in the short story under my real name :) I don't think there are bunnies... Other than myself that is ;)

message 40: by M.A. (new)

M.A. Comley (melcom) Hehe! There's a few chickens in there but not rabbits! :-) I'll be using more of the groups names in my next novel too! I think I managed to squeeze in 10-12 this time round.

message 41: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Versini (lorraineversini) | 8999 comments It's really lovely of you Mel :)

message 42: by M.A. (new)

M.A. Comley (melcom) It's my way of giving back to the support this group gives ALL the writers here. ♥

message 43: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18540 comments It's really cool :o) I loved trying to spot the names

message 44: by M.A. (new)

M.A. Comley (melcom) You'll be featured in the next one, Jud. :-)

message 45: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18540 comments Ah YAY!!!

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Ha! Mel's gonna kill us all off, one by one. ;)

message 47: by M.A. (new)

M.A. Comley (melcom) Damn, my secret is out!

message 48: by Philip (sarah) (new)

Philip (sarah) Willis | 5174 comments So glad you said we could use the search facility as I spent hours on the treasure hunt and didn't use the search in case I was cheating! I had to give up in the end. lol.
I do hope I get a copy of the book.
Thanks for all the hard work Patti and Mel.

message 49: by Pat () (new)

Pat ()  | 29 comments Philip (sarah) wrote: "So glad you said we could use the search facility as I spent hours on the treasure hunt and didn't use the search in case I was cheating! I had to give up in the end. lol.
I do hope I get a copy of..."

Sarah everyone who enters the quiz will receive a copy of Mel's Story.

message 50: by Philip (sarah) (new)

Philip (sarah) Willis | 5174 comments Wow Thanks Pat.

« previous 1