Who's Your Author? discussion

Archives - '11 - '12 > 2012 Read-A-Thon Participant Sign Up Thread

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jess (last edited Jun 16, 2012 04:41AM) (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Participant Sign Up for the 2012 READ-A-THON

Sign up in this thread if you will be participating in this challenge. Also, please indicate which day you will be doing the challenge on and also your possible book list.

For more information on the 2012 Read-A-Thon Click Here

Participants
1. Jess
2. Darcy
3. Steph and Sandra
4. Nichole
5. Jacy
6. Dawn
7. Betelgeuze
8. Barbara
9. Sarah
10. Elle

message 2: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments I'll be joining in I'm just unsure of the date.

message 3: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments I'll sign up too, just not sure of when. Too bad it wasn't up for last weekend, as I took advantage of not working either of my jobs and read like crazy. lol

message 4: by Steph (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 1573 comments :D Yay! 2012 RAT! Sandra & I are in again. Not sure of the exact dates yet though. Need to ck Uni schedule and coordinate w/Sandra. We'll let ya know as soon as we know. And, we'll probably split our 24 hrs between 2-3 days again, like the last two, if that's still cool.

Nichole ~Bookaholic~ (nicholebookaholic) | 672 comments I'm in, but not sure when...probably towards en of July or beginning of August

message 6: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments lol, all the usual suspects are back! love it.

message 7: by Jacy (new)

Jacy (jazabell) | 214 comments I am so in...don't know the exact dates yet, as my husband has to be around to take care of kids and all that. I will get the date posted when I know!

message 8: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4054 comments I am in and I to am unsure of the date!

message 9: by Betelgeuze (new)

Betelgeuze | 158 comments I'm in. I think i'm going to do it this weekend.

I'll be choosing from the following books:

Night Veil (Indigo Court, #2) by Yasmine Galenorn Bitter Night (Horngate Witches, #1) by Diana Pharaoh Francis Bend Me Over (Hawkeye, #2) by Sierra Cartwright Eye of the Tempest (Jane True, #4) by Nicole Peeler Sparks (Anya Kalinczyk, #2) by Laura Bickle Deadly Descendant (Nikki Glass, #2) by Jenna Black Bleeding Out (OSI, #5) by Jes Battis Sins of the Son (Grigori Legacy #2) by Linda Poitevin All Spell Breaks Loose (Raine Benares, #6) by Lisa Shearin

message 10: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ I'm not sure which day I'm going to choose heck with all the books I have to read for the Seasonal Reading Challenge, I might do more than one. I can't do one 24 hour period since psychologically my brain won't let me enjoy the books if I do it this way. So I will break down into 2 or 3 days. I'll post them as I go.

message 11: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Dizon (sarahd828) | 32 comments I'm in again but I don't know what days yet.

message 12: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4054 comments Betelgeuze wrote: "I'm in. I think i'm going to do it this weekend.

Veil of Night by Linda HowardBitter Night (Horngate Witches, #1) by Diana Pharaoh FrancisBend Me Over (Hawkeye, #2) by Sierra CartwrightEye of the Tempest (Jane True, #4) by Nicole Peeler[b..."

That looks like a great selection!

message 13: by Sandra, Need more time to Read!! (new)

Sandra | 4506 comments Yay!! Glad Steph signed us up. Still not clear on dates yet though.

message 14: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Betelgeuze wrote: "I'm in. I think i'm going to do it this weekend.

Veil of Night by Linda HowardBitter Night (Horngate Witches, #1) by Diana Pharaoh FrancisBend Me Over (Hawkeye, #2) by Sierra CartwrightEye of the Tempest (Jane True, #4) by Nicole Peeler[b..."

Don't forget to create your own thread to keep track of your books and your reading. :) Have fun!

message 15: by Elle (last edited Jun 12, 2012 04:57PM) (new)

Elle (louiselesley) Hi!

I'm going to do this!!

It'll be Friday-Sunday (this weekend)

Exam over Thursday - Start full time work for the Summer on Monday.

Brilliant period of reading after a long period of non-pleasure reading. I can't wait!!!

Possible books are:

Cruel Justice (A Lorne Simpkins Thriller, #1) by M A Comley The Brothers Grimm and Bearit Fairy Tales by D.M. Andrews Dangerous Tides (Drake Sisters, #4) by Christine Feehan The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4) by Rick Riordan In the Blood (A Genealogical Crime Mystery #1) by Steve Robinson Relationship Status by David Wailing

message 16: by Sandra, Need more time to Read!! (new)

Sandra | 4506 comments Elle, that sound like a great way to celebrate the end of exams and the beginning of summer.

message 17: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) :D i'm excited to be able to just start a book and not worry about learning it or taking notes!!

message 18: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments I'm thinking of doing this either the 27th or 28th of June. But it's still tentative.

message 19: by Sandra, Need more time to Read!! (new)

Sandra | 4506 comments Steph & I decided to do the RAT on 26, 27 & 28 June, 8 hours per day with a split in the middle of each day. Confused? Don't be, it'll work out just fine :) I'll set up a thread soon.

message 20: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Can't wait to see that thread of yours. It's always comical to read!

message 21: by Sandra, Need more time to Read!! (new)

Sandra | 4506 comments ;) Though we probably won't be reading the same books this time.

message 22: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments I'm currently stockpiling books for this week. Woo hoo so excited to have a day full of just reading!! :)

message 23: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4054 comments Ok well I have pissed away a bunch of time this week and I see no reason as to why I should be productive now :-)
As such I am staring my RAT tonight and will continue tomorrow and finish on Thursday.

message 24: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments Oh Dawn, that is so funny. I feel like that is my weekends only I put off cleaning, weeding, ect, reading instead. lol

message 25: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4054 comments Darcy wrote: "Oh Dawn, that is so funny. I feel like that is my weekends only I put off cleaning, weeding, ect, reading instead. lol"

Usually I am more active than this but I am just not in the mood to do anything so I figure why not do my RAT :-)

message 26: by Jess (last edited Jun 28, 2012 08:04AM) (new)

Jess | 3721 comments I was sidetracked by some knitting work I had to do for someone.

I was forced to move my RAT to next week. Bummer. Now I can just stockpile more books. But with A Storm of Swords to finish and a Feast of Crows I don't know how many I will get to lol. I might have to omit Feast of Crows from the lineup.

Now off to do some more work... I shouldn't complain as I'm getting paid but still. I just want to read!!! :)

message 27: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4054 comments Oh that totally sucks! But at least you have something to look forward too!!

message 28: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments I'll be doing my "time" over the 4th holiday, splitting the time between July 4, 5, and 6. Not sure what I will be reading, need to wait until I get closer to figure it out.

Nichole ~Bookaholic~ (nicholebookaholic) | 672 comments I may join you Darcy....I have not been able to find any other time to do this....

message 30: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments That sounds good Nichole. I am not sure about the times on the 4th and 6th. The 4th depends on my plans, the 6th I am on-call for the night, most of my time will be spent reading in the 5th, I am thinking 10-10.

message 31: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments I'm going to be starting my RAT tomorrow. But I can't do it all in one day, so I'll be doing a few hours tomorrow and then I'll see about doing in maybe the 4th or 5th as well.

Who knew the summer would end up being so busy!

message 32: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4054 comments Jess wrote: "...Who knew the summer would end up being so busy! "

I know exactly what you mean!

Nichole ~Bookaholic~ (nicholebookaholic) | 672 comments I am going to shoot for 4-6 hours tomorrow and 8-12 on the 4th....will do the remaining hours on the 5th

message 34: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments So I did 6.5 hrs on 7/3 and didn't have a chance to read today. So I will be continuing tomorrow with my RAT and I hope to get at least another 6 hours done. Whatever I get done tomorrow will be the end of my RAT for now.

I'm feeling like this one was really rushed and squeezed into my schedule. So I might just do another one later in August.

message 35: by Barbara ★ (last edited Aug 02, 2012 10:09AM) (new)

Barbara ★ I had two read-a-thons back to back so I choose to use the best 2 days from those weeks.

R-A-T Totals:
Hours: 13 hours 30 minutes
Pages: 854

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Saturday 7/28
Total Hours: 9 hours
Total Pages: 558

Copper Beach, 130 pages - 2 hours 30 minutes Finished!
My Give a Damn's Busted, 227 pages - 3 hours 15 minutes
Left for Dead: A Young Man's Search for Justice, 201 pages - 3 hours 15 minutes Finished!

Sunday 7/29:
Total Hours: 4 hours 30 minutes
Total Pages: 296

My Give a Damn's Busted, 138 pages - 2 hours Finished!
Sliver of Truth, 158 pages - 2 hours 30 minutes

Copper Beach (Dark Legacy, #1) by Jayne Ann Krentz My Give a Damn's Busted (Honky Tonk, #3) by Carolyn Brown Left for Dead A Young Man's Search for Justice for the USS Indianapolis by Pete Nelson Sliver of Truth  by Lisa Unger

message 36: by Crazy4more (new)

Crazy4more (lan-ni) | 7 comments I'm in too, thinking the weekend of 8/17-19, trying to get the kids ready for schools, doctor apts and shopping...should be free by that weekend!

Have been wanting to read An Echo in the Bone (Outlander, #7) by Diana Gabaldon 814 pgs, or Fifty Shades Trilogy Bundle Fifty Shades of Grey; Fifty Shades Darker; Fifty Shades Freed by E.L. James .

message 37: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4054 comments CONGRATS Barbara!

message 38: by Jacy (new)

Jacy (jazabell) | 214 comments Is it too late for me to do my rat? I can't believe how time just flew by so fast. I was going to do it sometime over this coming weekend...Sept 1-Sept 3.

message 39: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Jacy wrote: "Is it too late for me to do my rat? I can't believe how time just flew by so fast. I was going to do it sometime over this coming weekend...Sept 1-Sept 3."

Sorry I missed this! I hope you did your RAT anyway :)

message 40: by Jacy (new)

Jacy (jazabell) | 214 comments Yes, I did it, but it wasn't like last years where I actually set aside time. I just read while we did other stuff. I'll post my stats as soon as I get all of it calculated out!