What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > Norah Lofts or similar--character named Honey [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jobiska (Cindy) (jobiska) | 11 comments Hi!

I read several Norah Lofts historical fiction books in the 1970s, so it had to be published then or before.

The only thing I specifically remember about this one is that it had a female character named Honey. She was not the main protagonist and was slightly older than the (also female) protagonist of at least that section of the book. Definitely set in England, medieval-Tudor or so.

It could have been an author with a similar style, and it could have been a book that had to do with a real historical character (i.e. a queen), but if so the queen was not the main or only protagonist.

message 2: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (med0ra) | 439 comments The Lion Triumphant by Philippa Carr? Main character Catherine has a older sister named Honey.

Jobiska (Cindy) (jobiska) | 11 comments That's probably it. The only other specific scene I remember is a detailed description of a cottage garden in summer. Thanks!

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1382 comments Jobiska (Cindy) wrote: "That's probably it. The only other specific scene I remember is a detailed description of a cottage garden in summer. Thanks!"

So, do you want this put in its solved folder and have the book shelved? Thanks.

Jobiska (Cindy) (jobiska) | 11 comments Yes, thanks! I haven't yet explored if that is something I can do myself or if a group creator/mod type person does it.

message 6: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1382 comments I can do it. Yes, if you've started the thread you can do it. For future reference, go up to the topic title and click the (edit) link after it. From the drop down menu choose the new folder, and click save at the bottom of the page.

If you want to shelve the book too, add a [s] at the end of the topic title and shelve the book on its shelves.

Thanks. The mods can also do this for any thread. Just ask.