UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

Agony Aunt > Books about writing, but not instructional...

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Lol! Martin, your edit really made me smile!

The only book I can think of that might fit what you mean is Stephen King's On Writing.

I've not read it though, so I'm not sure. A couple of people in the group have mentioned that they liked it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/On-Writing-Me...

Saw this when I searched for the King. Might fit the bill?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ernest-Heming...

message 2: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Lawston (andrewlawston) | 1791 comments Well, the first story in Something Nice - 10 Stories is all about writing. And I'm not even spamming because it's in the free sample :D

Rosemary (grooving with the Picts) (nosemanny) | 9086 comments The Thirteenth Tale is a book about an author and her biograher. It has one of the best descriptions of the joy of reading that I've read.

message 4: by Steve (new)

Steve Robinson (steverobinson) | 2930 comments I can second King's On Writing. I have read it and it's great. It's more of an interesting autobiographical story and you'll come away from it thinking that you've just read an interesting book yet having subconsciously learnt many wise things about the writing process.

message 5: by Rosen (new)

Rosen Trevithick (rosentrevithick) | 2273 comments Does it have to be non-fiction?

message 6: by Rosen (new)

Rosen Trevithick (rosentrevithick) | 2273 comments Mind a moment of shameless self-promotion?

message 7: by Rosen (new)

Rosen Trevithick (rosentrevithick) | 2273 comments I'm currently working on Pompomberry House, which is a novel all about indie writing. However, it's a satire so rather than accurately portraying us, it looks at the uglier side of self-publishing.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Rosen wrote: "I'm currently working on Pompomberry House, which is a novel all about indie writing. However, it's a satire so rather than accurately portraying us, it looks at the uglier side of self-publishing."

Oh blast! You know I meant to mention Pompomberry House in here?

I'm sorry Rosen!

Oh and 100 000. Yes? No? Cuz if it's a yes, it requires a party thread.

message 9: by Rosen (new)

Rosen Trevithick (rosentrevithick) | 2273 comments No problem. Thanks Patti.

And not 100,000 yet - 1965 to go! Fingers crossed.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Ooooooooooooo!

Fingers, toes, eyes.....

message 11: by Rosen (new)

Rosen Trevithick (rosentrevithick) | 2273 comments Eyes?

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Eys eyse. Amkes tyipng tircky.